Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Car following waypoint

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 01:27
Ok, I've searched and found that an object (blue van n this case) can follow a waypoint if Physics On? is set to no. The problem now is that the a) the van appears halfway in the floor, b)it follows the waypoints backwards (with the van in reverse). Can anyone one help on this matter?

Thanks.

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
You could try changing thesein the fpi
a) offy =50 or so
b) fixnewy =180

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 03:38 Edited at: 19th Sep 2007 04:33
I've done this before with waypoints and it tends to look really stupid in-game. Especially if you have the vehicle ping-pong along the path because it will do a 180 degree turn in a couple milliseconds.

Another option is to animate the vehicle in 3dsMax or another 3d package that allows export of animated .x files. The animation can then be called like any other animated entity. Collision may be a bit of an issue, but it certainly looks better. I have done this before. If I can find the test game or test map, I'll upload a video of the results.

EDIT: I couldn't find the original test game, but I still had the animated vehicle. Here's a video of the results:

.x Animated Vehicle

~Dave

Phoenix Sentry Programmer
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 04:44 Edited at: 19th Sep 2007 04:44
what modeling programs do you have at your disposal?
With milkshape I import an FPSC biped into milkshape and erase all the bones but the group not attatched at the bottom (the first biones). Then I 'merge' my offending model presaved as an Ms3d file. This brings the new models skeleton in but still makes the bipeds base bone first. That should take care of the sinking problem.

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
wow I love that vehicle Submit it.... lol jk its kwl tho!

hey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:19:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:19:53