Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGDKC++ - Intelisense not working on Child Classes? VCX2005 C++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 13:50
Just that. In one instance it does

BASE+CHILD=Intelisense Shows members from both as one object.

in another case

BASE+CHILD=Intelisense Shows only BASE class' members

unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 14:48 Edited at: 19th Sep 2007 14:49
jason p sage, I dont know your level of experience with VC++ and C++ so I don't mean to sound that I'm talk down. Just giving my 2 sense.

one, do a clean solution and rebuild.

two, make sure you have at least version 8.0.50727.42 (if using 2005) old versions had bugs.

three, make sure members are separated by the '.' object.setSize() and if declared as a pointer use ->. object->setSize().
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 16:20
In older version of visual studio, there were occasions when doing a project rebuild would not solve the problem. In these cases, shut down visual studio and remove the .ncb file - it forces VS to rebuild it cleanly. It's not a critical file, so it's safe to remove it.

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 16:55
Thank You Gentleman.

@Unitech -
Quote: "jason p sage, I dont know your level of experience with VC++ and C++ so I don't mean to sound that I'm talk down. Just giving my 2 sense."

Good of you to qualify - but with this kind of stuff - You have to just say "This is messed up" - and I expect that when I ask. There is a difference between covering the basics and being a jerk. None of you guys on here have ever been a jerk. So - don't worry about the small stuff - in a pinch - kBessa, Unitech, Red Oktober, IanM (If I didn't mention YOU don't fret) ... basically everyone on here is quick to help one way or another - so don't sweat the small stuff - I try real hard to not to suffer from bruised ego - we all should

BE BLUNT - Don't dance - Want Facts - Good and Bad
Thank You AGAIN!

unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
Well said, so what was the problem?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 20:16
Well - to be honest - I'm not at my "dev" box - I'm on lunch - and Its not the obj->member; thing or obj.member;//non pointer kind

So I'm hoping its the *.ncb thing... I'll try this evening. Half the reason I wrapped my obj, img, bit,mesh, etc classes in one class JGC_GDK was because of intelisense - hence the . It's weird - and its only on objects I recently added methods to. So I'm hoping its the file mentioned above - and I should just delete it and life will make sense again

Thanx for asking!

unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
ah very good. Hope that works.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 01:23
IT DID HELP! The Intellisense Database file was ALL it was!!! WOO HOO! (Makes Sense now - hindsight - If hindsight is 20/20 than why haven't we evolved eyes on ....")

Thanks Guys!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:21:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:21:37