Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Homw many max cameras can you have? 7? Is it Seven?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 02:21
That's all - couldn't find anything definitive - if anyone knows - please do tell! thank You in advance

kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 02:29
I'll have to search for it, but DBPro manuals comment only on lights (0 always present + 1 to 7 that can be created).
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 04:31
Thanx. (Yeah I looked but couldn't find it either. I can't imagine a video card capable of a bunch - but you know these oo wrappers are - need to at least TRY to account for the possible

Plus - you just helped me out on the lights - because I thought it was 7 total - So I need to bump it up one Thanx Again.

kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 04:36
You are welcome!

I was gonna try just creating a lot of cameras but I am at university now and have only 5 minutes of battery left, just have to turn the laptop off, LOL!

I'm off now, but will come back in a couple of hours at maximum.

(Oops, it just tried to go stand-by while I was typing)
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 10:15
There's no limit in DBPro, so I'd assume that there isn't in DGDK either, but beware. Each camera adds to the rendering time (1 camera = 1x, 2 cameras = 2x, 3 cameras = 3x etc), and the sync mask only allows you to control cameras 0 to 31.

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 13:49
Thank You.

...dbSyncMask? What's that? Each answer seems to put more questions in me!...

Back to the help

Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 14:10
From what I understand if you have multiple camera it's to sync groups or individual cameras,e.g to sync camera 0, dbSyncMask(pow(2,0)); 'cause the syncmask sintax takes the 2 ^ camera ID

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 19:51
Like - dbSyncMask means - OK Cameras 10-20 - Sync up to Cam Zero so it draw correctly? And the parameter is how you identify the "Group" or individual cameras to do that? Hmm.

I think map cam to image is as far as I'll get for awhile... for like a dashboard computer monitor "Scope" or something.... I've seen some demos - but don't really know why I'd use it. I have used separate cams for multiple view of same scene - but its pretty harsh on FPS.

Thank You. I think dbSyncMask for the time being may be beyond me - plus I didn't see it yet in the help - I'll look again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:28:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:28:07