Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Hello - Questions =)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I am getting ready to design a game using .NET Framework for Server side and C++ for Client side and have them communicate, already go the data and information on how to do that. What I need to know on is how I can make my world somewhat similar to this image

http://www.thegamecreators.com/userdata/gallery/29_full.jpg

I have artist, and a team that will help me create the best possible IsoMetric World. Now I am thinking of using Matrices with a fixed camera position (possibly down the future implant rotation on camera fixed) but I want to ask some questions about matrices...

I am not trying to ask on HOW to do it with Codes, just a step and directions will get me moving along, I like to do hours of researching and such that is how I learn. I learn by examples and figuring it out based on how it is done. Now Questions rely onto.

My textures are 64x64 in size, and I have well over 500+ textures for my world, I would probably create one big image that stores those textures in a perfect square image right? This will be actually written into a file format, since I am making "0,0,0" Black color transparent, if it is transparent as in empty block, it will not store this. Anyway... Point is, if I have a ZONE in my game IE region that has a maximum of 2000x2000 in matrix size, how can I go about making each tile size 64x64 tiles... Would I have to go 2000/64? being about 32 total segments? or how would this work? How can I make each tile 64x64 in size square and be able to have pretty good Altitude control?

I don't need full Sources even simple source codes like

dbMakeMatrix( 1, 2000, 2000, 32, 32 ); etc. etc. will help much and just a guide on how to do it correctly...

And does dbSetMatrixTile function mean that each segment is a tile? or each X, Y on the matrix is a tile.... like if I do

dbSetMatrix( 1, 0, 0, 1 ); ie get tile 1, will set that tile to be 1? if I do dbSetMatrix( 1, 1, 1, 2 ); means it will go to the next segment OR the next

How am able to control each texture and is there a way that I can blend textures together?

Anyway any help is much appreciated.

Rav
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2007 06:17
Did I see this same image in another thread - with a rather detailed explaination how to do it? If it wasn't you - Look Around. Someone asked this question almost verbatum WITH the same picture you just posted. There were some good answers in that thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:15:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:15:16