Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Entitiy lighting issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I am doing some tests regarding level lighting, I have seen many posts regarding this and my level test looks good, ambient lighting down and overhead lighting through grills to add shadows etc.But then I put a weapon and some ammo in and an enemy and they all are not effected by the light settings.

Anyone had this issue? what I want is my zombie enemy to be in darkness and then walk out the shadows towards me, also the dark to effect the gun I am holding.......I think I have seen this on videos of FPSC so sure it can be done.

Many thanks
Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2007 19:23
When objects are dynamic, they take on the ambiance of the closest light.

SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I have one light in my corridor that is way above the ceiling it is bright but this is 4 segments higher than the dynamic entities. Surely these should be in darkness untill they meet the light?
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
You're thinking real-world lighting. Game lighting does what the programmer tells it to. If the programmer tells dynamic entities to illuminate when it's near a light, it will. No matter if it *should* be in the dark.

~Dave

Phoenix Sentry Programmer
SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah I found the issue, the overhead light was static not dynamic so entities that were dynamic were not affected.

Note to all, to light in game models properly make lighting dynamic
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Note to all, to light in game models properly make lighting dynamic"

You're limited to the number of dynamic lights in a level and dynamic lights drain the CPU also. Just keep that in mind when designing.

~Dave

SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks, now regarding fog, I set this with a 1 in build but what about black shadowy fog? can this be done?
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "black shadowy fog"

Black = Dark so it wouldn't show up as fog. Try setting each RGB from 0 and higher to see what I mean.

~Dave

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:18:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:18:23