Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Looking through goggles - green static

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2007 23:08
I want to do an effect on the HUD, I want to make it look like the player is looking through some sort goggles, give the world a green tint and have a static or interference effect. Is there any way to do this. I guess if I just wanted the world say with a green tint I could perhaps have an alpha layer on the HUD graphic, or just change all the in game textures with green tinted ones, not sure about the static effect, I don't think fpsc supports animated textures at all, perhaps one could have a static effect sprite in front of your view, that would perhaps work.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
You can make a transparent hud using a green image with a 50-90% alpha fade. I did it before, but I used a 3d modeling program to make the image since I'm not very proficient using image editors. It pretty easy to do all in all.

~Dave

Phoenix Sentry Programmer
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Attached is an example of an early version of a nightvision mode I was making based off of s4real's brilliant flashlight script.

The next stage would be to get the hud overlay to ping between an alternate to make the static appear to move.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 00:49
This effect will look brilliant when NightHawk brings out his mod with the bloom effects.

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 02:40 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2007 03:35
Quote: "This effect will look brilliant when NightHawk brings out his mod with the bloom effects."

That's what I thought, ramp up the effect like loads and see what it does.

Quote: "Attached is an example of an early version of a nightvision mode "

that's pretty cool, flashlight script, haven't checked that yet, did you just edit to make the colour green.

for the static its only a matter of having a hud that swaps between 2 different versions with noise on it, that would make the effect, don't know if that possible as I haven't played around lots with fpsc to see what it can do. perhaps other know how to push the boundaries.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:25:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:25:35