Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Noob Question #2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 00:27
I'm still looking for an answer for my second Noob Question (my thread got hijacked), which is:

If I read about the "eXtends Expansion Pack" it provides a set of new features to augment the "DarkBasic Professional". But if I buy Dark GDK (instead of DarkBasic Professional), can I buy the "eXtends Expansion Pack" as well and get it's features to work inside of the GDK, or does it only work with DarkBasic Professional?

I don't want to buy something that I cannot use.

Thanks,
- El
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 01:00
Extends isn't available for the GDK. What is it that you need from it?

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
Elenesski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 01:40
I'm interested in xGUI, as well as features from other add-on libraries/extensions like Physics, Lights, AI, and Nuclear Glory (though for my needs simple sphere collision should suffice).

Thanks,
- El
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 06:57
Hi Elenesski,

I thought I answered that, actually, no DBPro add-ons are usable with DGDK directly, the only way to make them available is if the author release a DGDK version, but unfortunately, I haven't seem many doing it.

Thiago
Elenesski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 08:30
Thiago,

Yes, I read it now. I looked through your LightEngine library. Great work! I'll definitely be using it if I decide to use the DGDK.Net library.

Now all I have to do is figure out one more thing ... perhaps it's already there, but I need to figure out how to create a mesh from a bunch of primitives or meshes. For example, if I create the letter "I" with three boxes, I want to be able to have a single mesh representing the merging of all three. That way if I have a sphere and the letter "I", I can create a new mesh which is the amalgamation of the two other meshes, and so on.

Can you help?

Thanks,
- El

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:16:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:16:57