Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] "Aurora" Developer Diary

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 17:02 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2007 17:03
Hi everyone,

I've decided to finally buy FPS Creator at the end of the month, and started pre-production of my upcoming FPS, called "Aurora", based on a small short story I've written a while back.

Here's a glimpse of the story:

8.00 am

You wake up, and do everything you normally do. You brush your teeth, take a bath, have breakfast, get dressed and then you take the stairs down to the street, only to realise there's noone. No cars, no people, no animals, just a disturbing silence.
You run for a while, and decide it's just a problem with your mind, so you go to work. You hear footsteps behind you, but when you turn over, you see no one. You feel someone pulling you, and you find yourself on a dark place, not knowing where you are.

The game will be psychological horror, so don't expect extreme gore, expect strange sounds, disturbing ones.

As for the intros, I've decided to make Max Payne like ones, since my game won't have many characters that need to be photographed(except for the enemies, that will be completely CG).

Programs Used in the Production

Main Game Engine:
FPS Creator version 1.07

Modelling:
Anim8or

Texture Editing:
GIMP

Sound Editing:
Audacity

Material used in Production:

PC:
Intel Dual Core e2140
1024 DDR RAM
HD2600 XT 512 Gddr3

Sound Production
Microphones:
Sony (x 2)

My Experience:

-painter
-cartoonist
-Designer
-hobbyst 3D Modeller(Anim8or veteran, that is)
-have done cartoon vocals(2 amateur movies, but some experience nonetheless!)

At the end of the next week I'll post the first concept art.
Thanks everyone!

Pre-producing the game "AURORA", an FPS by Limpo Arts
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2007 17:14
looks like youve done some prep work. make sure you dont let yourself down.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:19:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:19:24