Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Non-transparent windows and doors question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2007 14:22 Edited at: 24th Sep 2007 16:51
Hi all.
I apologise if this is a covered issue (I've searched and could find no references) but I'm having trouble with my windows not being transparent and the interior walls blocking the auto doors. I'm sure I'm not doing something right but can't find the solution in the tutorials, the manual nor the FAQ.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I test my level some of the walls will have variations to their look and some floor panels will be slightly raised and angled horizontally. These are random with each test instance.

Some basics to help your diagnostic:

Celeron 2.7
2G DDR 2700
9+G left on primary Hd
XP
DX 9.0c Aug. '07
NVidia 5300 128M AGP
Latest update 1.07

I'd include a screen shot of the offending areas if I knew how. F12 doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance for any help, and please don't be too harsh as this is my first post here and I believe I've done my homework

No matter where you go, there you are.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
well I can see your question for some reason prehaps post approval or something anyway. If you want something semi transparent like a window right click on it and set transpareny propertie to 2 otherwise set it to 0 to make it solid. Sorry but i cnat actully see your questions so I am assuming this is what you need to know

Thanks
Adam
Trebor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2007 20:47
@Storm 6000; Thanks for a quick, intuitive answer,(Mod approval) but the transparencies are set at 2.

I don't think the problem is my system as the demo levels with windows and doors seem to work fine.

Could it be that most all of the level in question was made using Version 1, the day before I dnld and installed the 1.07 patch?

Thanks again,
Cheers

No matter where you go, there you are.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:23:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:23:21