Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / gdk non.net window stuff

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2007 05:25
hey I want to make it so the window is hidden by default. Im using hidewindow() but it flashes up for a second, and i dont want that.

Any ideas?
Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2007 11:39
Hi can you elaborate a bit? Are you using Overwritehwd?

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2007 11:48
You currently cannot stop that initial flash up of the window. I think it has been requested quite a few times to enable start up without displaying this window, so may be a future fix. What you can do is to turn this into a splash screen, i.e. immediately display a loading please wait message or a logo.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2007 23:05
can i get rid of the window border and close button on the splash screen?
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2007 23:06
jna99

i want the window to be hidden on application init, so it doesnt show up automatically.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 03:21
I think the window (with border) Comes up and is partially drawn before your first line of code has a chance to fire. HOWEVER I Do think there is the possibility of making a "Launch" program that MIGHT be able to start the process minimized and potentially hidden (Doubt hidden).

I would look at the various Threading/Process API calls. If you can do anything - its as an "Owner" process.

James Bondo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 20:41
I believe its very easy in C# to make a launcher that starts any application with GUI hidden, so why not in C++.

You could make a timer which showed the window after 1 second or something so you had time to hide the border in the program itself.

Using Dark GDK.NET
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 20:54 Edited at: 27th Sep 2007 21:05
Here guys, I wrote a little hook to get the WM_CLOSE event from GDK without affecting how GDK works. Its slightly less efficient because of the extra function call, but I think it should be ok.

You can just query GDK_CLOSING to see if gdk is trying to close. This is useful if you have many threads, etc running that you want to exit gracefully in the event that gdk is closing.

EDIT: removed a useless line of code from the listing.
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 20:56
btw, I'm going to stick with the quick flash on run for now, and fix it if I have time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:15:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:15:51