Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Anyone using EZrotate for GDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 22:02
Hi!

I am currently working on an update to the GDK version of EZrotate. When it is finished, I will also be creating a GDK.net version.

The questions is... who here is actually suing the current version? I've made some HUGE changes to the DBpro version of EZrotate and I want to bring things in line with that. I may have to make some non-backward compatible changes. Will this have a drastic effect on anyone? I guess you could always choose NOT to update, but it may be worth it to take advantage of the improved speed

a.k.a WOLF!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 07:40
Ron:

I use it "All the freaking time"!!!

Your mod has been erased by a signature
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 08:12
.NET version?

Hum... Finally I will give up my LightRotation plugin then, but will have to get some money to pay for EZRotate

Cheers,
Thiago
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 12:03
It is great to hear about that update. I was planning to use it one of these days, but not coding yet.
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 13:28 Edited at: 28th Sep 2007 15:19
Cellbloc Studios,

Good to hear that you use it
So, how bad would non-backward compatible changes screw you up? To put it bluntly, I may have to drop the EZro_Mat and EZro_Vec classes. Instead, it is much better if I use the D3DXMATRIX and D3DXVECTOR3 classes from DirectX. I can then use them more directly with DBpro entities. Otherwise, you have to keep converting back and forth which slows things down (and is just a pain in the butt to do!)

edit:
Also, I will be looking for someone to test the new version if you are interested

a.k.a WOLF!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 19:18
Ron:

It would not screw me up too bad. I have to do some work arounds for it anyways.

Also I, at this time, don't need a .Net version for I am using the non-.Net version of the GDK to program with.

Sure I don't mind testing it.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 19:22
OK cool!

I'm not going to start on the .net version until the regular GDK version is complete. Things are progressing nicely. Hopefully, I'll be close to finishing by the end of the weekend.

Send me an e-mail (I don't have your address handy) and I'll pass it your way once it is ready.

a.k.a WOLF!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 19:38
Sent. Please let me know if you get it.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 19:59 Edited at: 29th Sep 2007 00:38
odd...
I didn't get the message from you. Please try again.

OK.. nevermind. I got the message. It was dumpeded into my Spambox initially. Fixed now!

a.k.a WOLF!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:17:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:17:42