Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 08:12
I was just playing around here with the FPS Creator, discovering new things and such, then, i started writing some plot for my game. But, it became really big and "structured" and i can't think a way to tell the story without cutscenes. So, this is a big problem. Can i create cutscenes with FPS Creator?

Maybe through scripts or something else? Different camera angles, camera movement. That sounds simple and i hope that is possible.
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 17:54
The best way of implementing cutscenes is the story zone, and you need a pre-recorded *.avi cutscene for that one.

Simple picture overlays accompanied by sounds can be done by scripts, too...

Support the efforts of Homegrown Games! Don`t let us starve!
Buy Anderson:
https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/panier.html?partenaire=33&id_titre=354&langue_page=en
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 18:24
Use fraps to screen record, although you might want to change the settings so the hud isn't viewable though.

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 19:45
This is the only way? I can't move the camera or something, then change the camera to the original point (the player view)?
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 22:06
no

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 22:08
I suppose you could record the video backwards, and then reverse it in your video editing suite, so:
O------------------------->
would become
O<-------------------------
Where O is the player.

[center]
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2007 19:00
Try this:

First, uninstall the 1.06 patch and install the latest 1.07 patch.
In FPSCreator go to File/Build Game. A new window will appear. On Level Settings tab edit Global Script (click on Edit button).

Another window will appear. You will found 'Sky'. Browse to the desired sky's x file. Click Preview to test the sky. If the sky is Ok, Click OK twice.
PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
what does that have to do with cutscenes? :S

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2007 21:49
DJF: Wrong topic, man.

[center]
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2007 23:05 Edited at: 29th Sep 2007 23:06
Quote: "his is the only way? I can't move the camera or something, then change the camera to the original point (the player view)?"

What and see a gun floating in midair? Your best bet is to have a bunch of people on a death match level and then act out the scene. Then put audio in.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2007 23:12
Quote: "and you need a pre-recorded *.avi cutscene for that one."

Actually a .wmv file would work and you would probably be better of using it than .avi.
You can also use an image file as opposed to a video.
You'll probably have to use a stroy zone or a script that will work pretty much like a story zone (Signs is excellent and allows you to make all sorts of crazy scripts).

Please have mercy and use the search function.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2007 13:27
not looked into stories yet, just had a look at the youtube video tut, hmm, what one could do with is being able to have a SZ play a series of images and have them disolve between each other., becuause a movie file takes a lot of HD space. a slide show of images are small in size.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:17:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:17:50