Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Stupid Questions Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 11:40
Here's one I just ran into when I first pasted a prefab onto the map...

I didn't like it so I hit Undo... but the door from the prefab is still there and I can't figure out how to bloody delete the thing! When I move my mouse over it and hit "Delete" it zooms in to the Properties of the Entity!

Someone clue me in on how to delete Entities, please?

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

In Soviet Russia, road forks you!

Mom: I may not be the alpha and omega, but I can sure as hell be yours!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 11:51
read the mannual

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 11:58
*sighs deeply*

You know... I really dislike posters like you. You are no help whatsoever, and assume that you know for a fact that I have not read the manual.

How about, instead of assuming the worst about people, you assume the best! Lets assume I have read the manual! (No assuming on my end, because I know I have)

The manual states this:

Quote: " Right mouse button deletes the currently held entity (so does the Delete
key)
 Left click on an entity already in the level and it will assign itself to the
mouse"

Hmmm... so logically, I should left-click this entity to pick it up onto my mouse, then right-click or press delete to get rid of it!!! Only one problem, sherlock. I already tried that!

Why did I try that? Because I read the manual, and the manual said that it would work! Hmmmm... but since it doesn't work, what should I do?

I KNOW!!! Let's go ask the friendly, smart FPSC users on the TGC forums! The problem here is, the only response I can get out of them is for me to "read the manual".

You just made my day.

The one and only,
~SarcasM~

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 12:07
Quote: "" Right mouse button deletes the currently held entity (so does the Delete
key)
 Left click on an entity already in the level and it will assign itself to the
mouse""

So through rational thought one would gather that to delete an entity you must select it and then either hit the "delete" button or click the right mouse button...

Pretty simple...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 12:16 Edited at: 28th Sep 2007 12:17
Reality Forgotten:
Quote: "So through rational thought one would gather that to delete an entity you must select it and then either hit the "delete" button or click the right mouse button..."

Plystire:
Quote: "Hmmm... so logically, I should left-click this entity to pick it up onto my mouse, then right-click or press delete to get rid of it!!! "

"rational thought", "logic"... tomato tomahto.

Quote: "You are really not going to make a lot of friends around here, man I'm an idiot yet I can still communicate with most people around here in a friendly manner (most of the time)

I'm suprised you made a post like that, it says you have been around since 2003"

The feeling is more than mutual if people in THIS board react to every question by first posting "read the manual". In the DBP board where I am mainly posting, people are much more willing to help in an in-depth manner and don't reply to people asking for help by telling them to read the manual, because people over there realised a long time ago that the manuals supplied do not cover bugs and weird occurances.

But hey, it's completely my fault, after all I did label it the "Stupid Questions Thread", so I should logically be expecting a stupid answer, right?

Guess I kept my hopes up.
(And, yes, I have been around since then, but this is my first post on this board, I guess things work a little differently around here)

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 12:30 Edited at: 28th Sep 2007 12:30
Is it the door entity or the big green thingy where the door goes... If it's the big green thing select and place a segment over it and then right click to delete the segment (and door)...

[center]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 12:39
Thank you, Thraxas! That was very informative, and I greatly appreciate your help.

If there were kudos on this forum, I'd give you one.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:27:04