Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Static Mesh rotation problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2007 14:06
Ok here is the problem I'm having.

If I rotate an object before applying the
phy make rigid body static mesh
the object and the collision data don't match.

the object isn't rotated but the collision data is.

here is an alteration to the demo 'Vehicle Arena'
that comes with Dark Physics so you can see the problem.

Files Can be found in the "projects\dark physics\demos\vehicles\vehicle arena" folder.

Just add the Bold line below.

as you can see you end up driving in mid air.
there must be some way of being able to rotate an object before making into a rigid body static mesh so the object and the collision data are alined.

I have looked for similar threads but so far have come up empty.
Any one out there been able to figure a work around, or know what I'm doing wrong?

I have tried rotate 'object limb v_o,0,v_x,v_y,v_z' in my own projects, but with similar results.
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2007 14:55
This is a known bug, whereby rotating or even positioning an object prior setting it up as a static mesh, will result in a misalignment between the object and its physics data.

The workaround is to rotate/position the object in your 3D modeling application and set it up as a static mesh immediately after you load it.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 04:16:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 04:16:22