Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / burning games on cd and actualy playing them on another computer (does it realy work?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi
has anyone with fps creator actualy been able to create full games and been able to burn them on cd and play them from the cd on other computers as well, because since i bought this product that has been the problem all i get is error massages and files not exesting in line_######etc.....and i cant seem to find anyone with a solution not even the developers themself, if you are able to do so please tell me what specs and components you use.
i have a p4, radoen grahic card 9250 256mb,soundcard,directx 9.0 and enough space what is missing please ?
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 22:34
i dont really understand your question

when u run the game after its built it gives u the error?

or when u put it onto another pc it gives u a error?

fuzzy question.. and whats ur memory/ram in ur pc?

thanx good luck on the question

pain

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 23:01
You need to actually install the game from the CD. Most games do this with files that are regularly accessed by the game during play. Transfer rates to actually get the information from the disc to the GPU or the CPU are slower than from HDD to CPU or GPU. It's bad practice to run anything from a CD at all, unless it has a mega fast transfer rate.

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 23:35
Quote: "You need to actually install the game from the CD."

Yes. If you did not create an installer, which from your comments I figure you didn't, then you must copy the contents of the CD onto the hard drive. Then, if the computer is up to date with the latest DirectX and video drivers and meets the minimum required specifications to play a FPSC game....... it will play!

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 03:18
If you do it right you can build your game and play it on another pc.I've done it myself and I've never seen the pc that the other guy played my game on.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Years of Service
User Offline
How would you go about creating an installer? I am also intrested on putting my games on CDs.

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul?"
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 12:36
www.clickteam.com

They offer a free installation maker.

[under construction]
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 15:27
How do I make the install run automatic when i put in the CD?
Is there some kind of autorun like for other games?

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Basicly the file I have attached can be edited in notepad just change the file name in it to the name of your installer exe then burn the file to the cd, make sure its at the root not in any folders or anything

Thanks
Adam

Attachments

Login to view attachments
franc
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks all, I was trying to see if i need the pro or basic version of installer from clickteam.com, but then i googled program installer software and got lots of results and some downloads are free,

also for the ? about autorun, you can create an autorun just by creating the following on a note pad and save it as autorun.inf in your game file

[autorun]
open=(name of file)
icon=icon.ico

ps. you know i could not get a decent answer from the admin themselves!!
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 16:27
Thanks

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures
franc
Years of Service
User Offline
wow. i used the installer and it is working. i almost lost hope. thanks
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Most people I know do not have the latest version of directx and are reluctant to update. Not being IT savvy they are put off by the fact you cannot go back to a previous version if any problems.
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 00:59 Edited at: 6th Oct 2007 19:31
You have a couple of options.

First option
1.use a burning software program like Nero to burn your finished game and all it's associated files onto a CD or DVD as data and finalize it, afterwards take the finished CD/DVD to the new computer you want to install your game on and simply copy and paste all the game file onto the computers hard drive (example my documents), then make a shortcut of your games .exe file to your desktop then click and play.

2nd option
2. First use an installer like clickteams install creator to package your game and its entire media into one exe. file then use an autorun program like Autorun Architect or something similar, start the autorun program use the wizard and import your finished game exe. you just made then after your finished using the autorun program, the program will make you all the necessary files and place them into a folder for you. The contents of that folder( autorun.exe, autorun.inf, yourgame.exe) are what you need to burn onto a CD to DVD. After your done burning the contents of the folder onto the CD/DVD and finalizing the disk, you now have a disk that will automatically install your game once you put it into a new computer,.

Best
mikeh926
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 01:56
How do you have the clickteam installer create a shortcut on the desktop? I have not been able to do that yet.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 06:00
I wouldn't recommend Click Team's installer, but rather Inno Setup (google it). It has a wizard as is just as easy to use, and since it gives you code is way more flexible. It also outputs install wizard setups, and has no splash screen or any sign it was made with Inno Setup.

Vote today and play the games!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:24:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:24:16