Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Scaling Afffects Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 04:19
Hey,
For some reason, when I made a small scale test of pathfinding around my world, the collision worked fine, but when I tried to implement it into my game, which has the world scaled larger (in units), it won't read the trees as collision objects for some reason, although everything else works fine. Is this a bug? Should scaling affect collision reading in any way?

Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 14:26 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2007 14:27
Question: Are you setting up the collision objects as static meshes?

If yes, then that's the problem. There is a bug whereby if you position, rotate or scale an object in DBP, prior setting it up as a static mesh, collision will not work correctly. It seems that the visual object is changed but the collision data is not.

Until it is fixed (), the workaround is to scale/position/rotate the object in your 3d modeling application, and once you load it in DBP, set it up immediately as static mesh.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 04:05:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 04:05:12