Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / v1.02 beta installation problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 14:43
Hi all,

Simple question this one...

I have recently purchased Dark Physics which installed fine up to and including v1.01

The downloads also included a v1.02beta .zip which contains a .dll only... I was guessing that this needed to overwrite the equivalent dll within the Dark Basic Pro directory?!

When I try and compile a physics project I now get an error, 'Dark Basic does not recognise dll, please check for an update at www.thegamecreator.com' (or something similar).

How do I install this v1.02? and... as it is a beta upgrade, would I benefit from getting it installed? The beta upgrade did not come with any documentation, so could someone tell me what it fixes/new features?

Cheers....
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 00:08 Edited at: 4th Oct 2007 00:10
Quote: "was guessing that this needed to overwrite the equivalent dll within the Dark Basic Pro directory?!"

Correct. You just need to copy the dll in the compilerplugins-licensed folder and overwrite the old one (you may want to take a backup of the old one, just in case )

Quote: "When I try and compile a physics project I now get an error"

Have you activated Dark Physics? You might also try to uninstall and re-install it again, just to be on the safe side. The best thing, if these do not work, is to contact support

Quote: "The beta upgrade did not come with any documentation, so could someone tell me what it fixes/new features?"

Here is the thread relating to the update.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:55:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:55:39