Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Light color changes when gun is fired.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have never experienced this before but was wondering what the cause could be. I have a level that I have been working on for quite some time and I have never had any issues until now. I have white lights only throughout the building except for one room that has a yellow light in it. When I fire the gun it changes the light color but not all the lights just where the muzzle flash would have reflected off of the objects. I can walk down a hall and fire the gun and the segments and entities would glow the muzzle flash color. It's like paint ball but worse.

Any clues on what this could be? If requested I will post a screen shot of what the before firing and after firing looks like. I am using v1.06. Thanks.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
You mean the change is permanent? like it doesn't go away when the gun flash is gone

Thanks
Adam
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 17:09
I found out some thing like that when i tested the level, there are several buttons that does differnet thigs like maxed health and lives, run very very fast and reload very very fast, and the thing you talk about: Get light were you point and shoot your gun.
Thats the only obvious answer I can give you.

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
@storm 6000 - the light change doesn't go away until you leave the room or completely move away from the area out of sight and I am assuming that is because of re-rendering.

@BIG Viking Games - Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that if I use the run option it could possibly be the cause of the lighting issue? I too have also experienced frame rate 100fps and the gun shoots and reloads fast and I can run super fast.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 07:33
Press TAB in test mode and hold it, then look at the buttons. Make sure you aren't pressing the button to remove light management, as once you fire it will make it stick. It is not possible to make this mistake in a built game though, so don't worry.

Vote today and play the games!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:32:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:32:49