Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 16:07
Hi all,

I have created a sphere, a cylinder and a plane. (simple so far!)

The sphere & cylinder are 'rigid body dynamic sphere' & 'box'.
The plane is a static object. (the sphere has a size of 3 and the cylinder is very similar in size)

question... when the cylinder rolls off the plane it fall due to gravity nicely. BUT... when the sphere rolls off, it just seems to hang there?!

I am not changing any object masses, so i'm guessing Dark Physics defaults these, although I have up'd the sphere mass to 100000000.0 with no changes?!

Any ideas?
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 17:19
Gravity should work. Can you post your code?

Ad Astra Per Asper
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 13:12
Gravity is not really affected by mass in Dark Physics. You're confusing real world physics with PhysX. It's a common mistake. "Real world physics" is just marketing doing the talking. Marketing people are usually the least in touch with what a product actually does.

Anyway, to solve your problem, are you setting the sphere's gravity vector to 0,0,0?

Try dropping the sphere and cylinder. Don't have them start out in contact with the plane. See if the sphere falls and collides with the plane. If it does fall and then start rolling off the edge and still suspends itself, then there's definitely something odd going on with collisions on the sphere.

do{;}while(1);
fallingb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 19:04
Thank you everyone... i've fixed it.

It was purely me overlooking what was basically a typo... oh how i love coding!

Cheers again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:56:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:56:13