Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Video of a Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2007 05:13
I have sceen it done so many times but what do i need take a video of one of my fpsc on my computer screen games like the ones on youtube?

<\(nprim)/>
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
www.fraps.com Works great! ~DF

~Dave

Phoenix Sentry Programmer
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2007 06:57 Edited at: 5th Oct 2007 09:17
Yeah what DarkFact has mentioned is a good one.

Ive been producing and making video/dvd productions for around 10 years, and there is another option that works very well also.
With todays graphics cards, alot have a S-Video output, now depending on if you can connect a Play device source to your PC, (like a digital video camera etc) and record media to your pc, say via Firewire etc.
You can record any action running on your pc (no real time limit, apart from the media your recording it on, tapes etc) and then re-record it back on your pc into digital file format. Say if you use a dv camera and firewire input the quality does not alter. and using programs like Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas or even Movie Maker to edit your final clip or movie, can produce good looking clips.

Also for youtube vids, if you are having problems with quality once uploaded as the clip is converted to flash, try different formats/codecs, like divx or mpeg2.

Here's some other pc programs to try like fraps, however i can't recall whats freeware, trial or purchase. And some have limited sound or no sound recording.
Snag IT, Growler GunCam and CamStudio

*if anyone whats any help (except for program help, like installing etc.), let me know.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2007 09:22 Edited at: 5th Oct 2007 09:22
I found that the useful thing about CamStudio was that you can select an area of the screen to record, meaning that you can crop out the debug at the bottom and the HUD at the top without having to build the entire game for one video. CamStudio has good framerate, but Fraps has better quality.

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:28:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:28:12