Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC on Fox News

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 04:12 Edited at: 7th Oct 2007 03:51
This is actually bad news.

Apparently someone has made some sort of hezbollah shooter. and it has really pissed some people off, and they are now trying to track down the creator of the game.

I was just flipping around the channels when I seen the ugly ass tile from the orginal world war 2 pack that ships with it.

I was like holy it is fpsc... until I heard why they were showing it.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 05:12
whats the story about specifically, have they got an online read somewhere? this is pretty interesting (if true )

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 06:38 Edited at: 6th Oct 2007 06:39
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293616,00.html

There is one game they are talking about with hezbollah.. but this was developed according to wiki with the cry engine. But what they showed on Fox News was fpsc.

It had all of the entities and appeared to be a barely modified game. Using most of the models from the stock world war 2 stuff.
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 06:43
Interesting. Hopefully no one will turn this into a debate.

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I wish I could find an online video of this to show you guys.
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 06:46
Quote: "I wish I could find an online video of this to show you guys."
That would be helpful.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 08:50
Yeah, cuz I watched the video and was gonna say "That's not FPSC, because since when did we have the option to throw a grenade while holding a different weapon???"

Lol.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

In Soviet Russia, road forks you!

Mom: I may not be the alpha and omega, but I can sure as hell be yours!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 09:34
I think I can save him from repeating himself by saying:

Quote: "There is one game they are talking about with hezbollah.. but this was developed according to wiki with the cry engine. But what they showed on Fox News was fpsc."

So, what was on the link was not what he claims he saw on the news.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

In Soviet Russia, road forks you!

Mom: I may not be the alpha and omega, but I can sure as hell be yours!
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly, they were actually showing FPSC on Fox News. But the whole thing has me lost, because the only Hezbollah games I can find were made with 2 totally different engines.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 12:10
Its not FPSC at all, watch the video on the site that was posted:

Quote: "Video

* Replaying the War"

Home Page

Don't even add me to MSN.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 16:01
I was reading about the hezbollah thing in a magazine yesterday. But since when is FPS Creator involved?

The Pus in Boots biography; "My awesome-tastic ego", is out now!
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 16:24
I think it's hilarious that the american media can be outraged at Hezbollah having a game.

Their main beef seemed to be with the fact that you played a Hezbollah soldier, and scored points for killing Israelis. This was deemed sick, because it promoted Hezbollah's involvement in the ongoing stuggle between Palestine and Israel.

But how many AMERICAN games reward the player for running around killing Muslims/arabs/germans? This, in my opinion is totally hypocracy. It's basically saying that a war game is only OK if it depicts war from the point of view of the West.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 16:31
Quote: "It's basically saying that a war game is only OK if it depicts war from the point of view of the West."

You must remember that the Media in America is "shock value" driven and for entertainment purposes only. I won't even get into the "left wing" aspects, except to say that whatever you see or read on American "News" (and I use the term very loosely), is for the benefit of ratings and money, and most times reflects a very distorted view of the truth, and hardly ever the view of average, intelligent Americans.

It's an embarrassment, but as long as certain parties own the media, there's nothing we can do about it.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 16:43
Well, FOX is a pretty fitting name for the channel. Digging around in trash that nobody wants.

I understand what your saying dude. I was in the states a few years back and watching the news and adverts I found myself wondering if it was all made for people with a mental age of 6. I remember the baseball commentator saying:

"He couldn't see the ball because it was in the shadow."
"The Shadow Fred?"
"Yes Tim, the shadow, as in... there was no light"
Fred then proceeded to draw a circle around the shadow in the screen (for the benefit of all those people who had been walking around not knowing what that black patch on the floor was, that had been following them around).

I'm getting really sick of reading news posts about non-global north produced games that treat them as some kind of abhorrent piece of propaganda. I'm not saying it's not (and this game is surely attempting to disseminate a particular message/viewpoint) but how come we didn't get this kind of uproar with America's Army? Or Soldier of Fortune? Or any of the large number of games that have you killing [insert non-white nationality here] exclusively? It makes perfect sense that these games would attempt to cover issues that are in the players face, such as living in a goddamn warzone.

Unless of course your viewpoint is that the East can't possibly have the cognitive abilities to form and express an OPINION.

Or perhaps you think that their opinion is devious and underhanded and nothing but sheer propaganda. Interesting how we can play military FPSs all the time and not think about the politics within, but the second the player assumes the form of a non-Caucasian nationality, shooting at decidedly Caucasian nationalities suddenly it becomes something that's practically radioactive.

mikeh926
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 17:05 Edited at: 6th Oct 2007 17:10
The American media is messed up beyond all possible hope.

The "truth" is never the truth.

Quote: "but the second the player assumes the form of a non-Caucasian nationality, shooting at decidedly Caucasian nationalities suddenly it becomes something that's practically radioactive.
"

Yes, but don't forget that hezbollah is a danger to our ally, and a danger to the U.S. because they hate us, and want to destroy Isreal and everything it stands for!

Quote: "It's an embarrassment, but as long as certain parties own the media, there's nothing we can do about it.

"

I wonder what "certain party" is?
I think FOX is the best news channel. Still distorted, but better then anything else. And if anything, shooting Germans in a World War 2 game is different. Many Americans have German descent, including myself. My favorite game is Medal of Honor: Airborne! It is a lot differnt when you play against a terrorist group, which is no better then the other ones that have killed 1000s of people!! Politically correctness is distoring the media. We have enemies now, and Hezbollah is one of them. It isnt right to act as your countrys enemy during a "war". And yes, there is a war going on!

Sorry, but this thread got me very angry!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 17:54
Quote: "Sorry, but this thread got me very angry! "

Sorry about that, it certainly was not my intent and I duobt it was Betters either. My statements were meant to be a general state of the American medis today, and the parties I refer to are the ones that onw the media. Nothing more, nothing less.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 18:03
Quote: "It isnt right to act as your countrys enemy during a "war". And yes, there is a war going on!"

I never said I wanted to play the game. I merely said that it isn't an outrage that Hezbollah released it. Sure it tells Lebanese kids that it's ok to kill Israelis, but how many games tell western kids that it's ok to kill Arabs and Muslims.

Quote: "Yes, but don't forget that hezbollah is a danger to our ally, and a danger to the U.S. because they hate us, and want to destroy Isreal and everything it stands for"
!

if by ally you mean Israel, then I think you're standing on thin Ice. DOn't forget the forceful capture of British soldiers by Israeli military earlier this year. Or the fact that they have been stockpiling Nuclear hardware outside of UN regulations.
Israel is an ally by default. They cause just as much devestation to Lebanese civilians as Hezbollah do to them, the only difference is that Irael are a Nuclear power, so no western country is going to step in against them, it would be the cold war all over again.

Anyway, this is all vastly off topic. I've googled around and can find no evidence of FPSC being used in this game.
Jeremiah, did you consider that Fox may have used some stock footage on their report, as they lacked actual ingame footage from Special FOrce2

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 18:25
Butter Fingers and xplosys, I agree with you completely, Fox news has no place in the media and is simply a propaganda and hate machine.
@mikeh926 I don't agree with you at all.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 18:49
I think we can all safely come the conclusion that Fox News sucks.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 19:14
Well, Butters. You say that there is no difference between Special Force 2 and Americas army or, say, Call of Duty. There is a distinct difference. Americas Army is designed to realistically portray the Armies operations, tactics and lifestyle in a way that promotes the Army, but not discrimination against the forces that the Army and their country oppose. It is not about killing 'arab scum', it's about realistic values and modern warfare. It's an educational tool that entertains through a successful medium.
Special Force 2; however, takes a different attitude towards modern warfare. It's primary purpose is to 'educate' yound minds with the idea that killing Israeli's is the sole purpose of modern warfare. It has little; if any, realistic portrayal of their Armies motives or actions. It is; at it's core, liberal propaganda. Whereas games like Call of Duty are based on historic events and even portray conflicts from different nations viewpoints- an unbiased pursuit indeed, this Hezbollah game makes no such attempt. What it does is show their previous conflicts and puts them into a context where children can learn to hate. Name me one WW2 game where it emphasises the murder of the enemy, opposed to a mission objective that fits into the battles context.

mikeh926
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 19:34 Edited at: 6th Oct 2007 19:35
Quote: "Sorry about that, it certainly was not my intent and I duobt it was Betters either. My statements were meant to be a general state of the American medis today, and the parties I refer to are the ones that onw the media. Nothing more, nothing less"

I wasn't mad about what you said.....actually i couldnt agree with you more! Fox news isnt as bad as other networks, but i never said it was perfect!

Lol im also mad because the static lights arent working in 1.07!!!

Pus in Boots:
Perfectly Stated

Sorry to all of you! I didnt mean to *almost* start a flame war...
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 20:00 Edited at: 6th Oct 2007 20:06
I am relieved that this wasn't using fpsc.
Media has it in for indie games ?

I saw a news report on channel 4 in the UK that was basically trying to blacklist some games program, this is the deal, there are massive companies that control the media, and by that all media, video games included, now we get indies coming in that are not under their control, and they don't like that at all,

The news feature was basically trying to do a negative campaign on this virtual life type application, I can't remember its name, some program that you have a second life with, like a chat program thing but with walking avatars, I think it had virtual money and people had like some second life on it doing stuff, well they don't like that, that's influence that's not under their control, so they have to discredit it, they started saying that the game/application makers was under investigation into tax evasion, then that there was links with pedophilia.

Then they pretended they was doing a look at the program and what it can be used for, they cut to a university that was looking into schizophrenia, they used the program to show how a schizophrenic person interprets the world, and they had this avatar in the game moving around a house with a voice in the game saying kill yourself, and all this weird spooky stuff, then it showed an a gun on a table and it was saying kill and all this weird stuff. Basically they was trying to make this program with this second life internet thing look bad, linking it to tax evasion, pedophilia and that creepy thing some university will of got a grant to make, that's a grant by the same people that run the media. So in all making it look bad.

When I first saw this post I thought, is the same happening with FPSC, an application that allows indies to make games, by themselves without investment for big media owned publishers, for massively expensive game engines, can't have that, free expression, not under our control, might get indie devs having influence in the world, free from our us running the shop, best discredit that program pronto, but it looks like it might be debatable that it uses FPSC, Im in the UK so I haven't seen FOX so I can't comment on what this report uses.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 20:03 Edited at: 6th Oct 2007 20:03
Quote: "
Americas Army
It's an educational tool that entertains through a successful medium."

No it isn't its a recruitment tool, advertising marketing to get recruits for the US military.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 20:24 Edited at: 6th Oct 2007 20:34
Quote: "Name me one WW2 game where it emphasises the murder of the enemy"

Ubersolider: End of Hitler

Quote: "Americas Army is designed to realistically portray the Armies operations, tactics and lifestyle in a way that promotes the Army"

So, any Hezbollah game is a propaganda tool, promoting a group that acts against the human rights.

Americas Army is a propaganda tool, promoting an organisation that has currently been acting against the public international law.

Sorry, man, BOTH must be condemned, and I can`t see any positive aspect in these games.

I don`t want to defend the deeds of terrorist organisations, and I`ll never say anything good about them. But I have to admit, that if there was a war criminal trial like Nuremberg about the war in Iraq, you would have to sentence the responsible politicians to lifetime or death (Remember, Hess got lifetime for "planing of an agressive war").

And fallen one is completely right, AA was designed with the only focus to get recruits.

Support the efforts of Homegrown Games! Don`t let us starve!
Buy Anderson:
https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/panier.html?partenaire=33&id_titre=354&langue_page=en
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
@everyone, I don't know for sure what game they were showing on foxnews, but they were showing it when they were talking about some hezbollah game. Now, maybe they had someone on staff work up a facimile using fps creator or maybe it was somebody elses game. But, I swear on my nuts it was fpsc. I know all of the entities and segments by heart down their very last detail. I just thought it was freaking strange and I would share the news for you.

Btw I don't make a habbit of watching Faux News.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 21:27 Edited at: 6th Oct 2007 21:27
Why are you all debating this? Who cares? It's all based on opinion. let's stop this nonsense and get back to the dream of game making.

Cheers,
Dave

mikeh926
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 21:48
I had serious game makers block today... i needed something to do.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
WHat is based on opinion, it is 100% fact that they showed an FPSC game on Fox Yesterday
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 23:23
Jeremiah- You are so built up with the need to stress that fpsc was used that you have not read the rest of the thread. I can tell that by the type of response you just gave me.

Cheers,
Dave

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 23:31
@fallen one:

What you say is a harsh reminder that everything is in someones pockets. Be it video games or the government. (which I couldn't give a rats ass about.) The corporations assaulting second life have no respect. Frankly, I don't know how they sleep at night.

I just hate corporations is all.

Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 10:01
quit blaming American media! im sure Britain media does the same thing!

yo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:28:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:28:49