Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / enemy/allie dispear question

Author
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 04:37 Edited at: 9th Oct 2007 01:45
Just have a couple Q's, I did some searching yet im not sure if Im searching for the right thing. If anyone has a simple answer or could point me in the right direction that would be great and appreciated.

*ReEdited this question to make more sense.

Say if you have a enemy or allie in game that you either talk to or see etc. Is there a way to have the enemy/allie disappear, without using SpawnLife on the entity?

I read how you can make a enemy be deleted at the end of a way point.
Im not sure if this is what i need to do to answer my question or if what i want to do is even possible.
Yet if it is, would you,

Make a triggerzone that makes the enemy/allie disappear (i tried a few scripts yet nothing worked)

Make a triggerzone that activates a waypoint that then deletes the enemy/allie?

Or as crazy as it sounds make a really long waypoint to allow enough time for the player to have a look around before moving onto say the next room. So that they dont see the enemy or allie disappear in front of them?

Thanks.

*edit. haha, title is wrong, i'll get that fixed.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2007 01:36 Edited at: 9th Oct 2007 01:38
*If its ok, can a Mod adjust the title of this thread.
From Dispear to Disappear. Thanks.

Also, Im thinking that what i am asking either cant be done, or so simple no one is going to let me know. Maybe im just reading past the information.
Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
yes put in the entities script if activated=2 then destroy in the right place then use something else eg a trigger zone to activate the entity=2 you may need ot read up on scripting on the other board to learn how to do this exactly but it can be done

Thanks
Adam
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
@Storm 6000.

Thanks so much. I will make sure to visit the script area more often. Thanks for your time to answer this one anyway, your reply is very appreciated and has helped alot!! Thankyou.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
no problem what your trying to do is about as complicated as scripts get but If you read up and try some different things then youll get there. If you have some troubles post the script your working on and im sure someone will be about to help your correct it.

Thanks
Adam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:23:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:23:46