Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 16:23
I have noticed the fact that water (and other features) are available for fps creator x10, but will they feature in any of the current fps creator updates or model packs? Because for all of us that cant afford windows vista, and dont have such good graphics cards, i thing it would only be fair if some of the basic x10 features were also in the older version.

Could you fantastic guys at "The Game Creators" Please think about this??

Thanks.

P.S. Will there be any more fpsc model packs? Or does it stop at 10? Because i Really think that we deserve more! Lol.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
This has been discussed several times before: After the release of X10 TGC will continue to produce updates and new material for the old version as well.

Some features will be imported from the X10 to the DX9 version, like the ragdoll physics, but these won't be happening any time soon. Some features simply cannot be ported to the DX9 version, since they require DX10 and vista to work correctly, or would require heavy editing of the source code and the engine. The X10 isn't just about prettier graphics, it also has several new features and improvements.

Do some searching and read some threads, I'm sure you'll find the answers you need.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 16:45
I know, but i dont care about the graphics. Its the several new features and improvements taht i care about. I perfectly understand that some cannot be converted, i just cant afford vista, and fps creator is the best thing since Sims 2.

Sorry if i wasted your time.
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
ES:IV Oblivion has ragdoll, bloom, reflecting water and HDRI lighting, and that only uses DX9, so there shouldn't be any reason why these things cannot be backported.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 23:37 Edited at: 7th Oct 2007 23:38
BFC: If you really want water in your game, look into Sqirlz Water reflections. It only works in cutscenes as an after effect, but it looks pretty cool.

EDIT: Really discriptive thread title!

[center]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 02:32
Quote: "Some features will be imported from the X10 to the DX9 version, like the ragdoll physics, but these won't be happening any time soon. Some features simply cannot be ported to the DX9 version, since they require DX10 and vista to work correctly, or would require heavy editing of the source code and the engine."

Notice the "would require heavy editing of the source code and the engine" part.
Comparing Oblivion to the FPSC engine is not a logical thing to do here.
FPSC is not designed to compete with Oblivion.
If TGC can port x10 features into x9 they will.If they can't they won't.Lee and the crew are the programmers so they would know what can and cannot be imported and why.
I see this every once in a while."Such and such game" can do this and it's x9 so why can't FPSC do it.There are a wide variety of reasons for this.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 02:39
Quote: "I see this every once in a while."Such and such game" can do this and it's x9 so why can't FPSC do it.There are a wide variety of reasons for this."

For one there's usually a dozen or so programmers working on the title in C++ (which is faster than DBP in general).

I believe Lee himself said that X9 and X10 will be sharing the same source code, the only difference being that X9 may loose some features that require Direct X 10 to work.

Vote today and play the games!
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 08:17
I have to say i agree with bum fat cheese. Although I have Vista, I can't run Direct X10 and I don't know anyone who can.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Well if you can afford vista I dont know why not http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4N0L&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=geforce+8400&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

Thats an example of how cheap the 8000 series can be im not syaing it will run all the bells and whistles perectly im saying if you want to run x10 at usable level that card is dirt cheap for how new they are.

Thanks
Adam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:29:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:29:35