Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Textures don't work. Need help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 21:44
Here is my situation. I have created my model, UVs, texture, and Normal maps. After creating the .fpe and loading into FPSC the textures remain grey. I have searched the forums and found several tutorials and things to check, but nothing seems to work.

Images are a power of 2 (1024x1024)
Images were tested as .tga and .dds (restarting FPSC each time)
Image files are in the same entitybank\user\creatures folder I created and paths were double checked in the fpe and again in the FPSC editor with no change.

Perhaps editing the .x file? any help will be appreciated as I continue to search the forums, thanks.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 01:31
I had the same kind of problems when I was running FPSC v-1 but when I upgraded to a later version the problem stopped.
Could this be your problem?

All the best of luck with this.
Sloan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 01:41
I thought I installed the latest rev, but I'll double check...thanks.
Sloan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 06:09
Well, that didn't work...I have version 1.0.7 but I did a repair install just to be sure. I imported my obj into blender and seperated the object from the materials. That seams to improve things but still, the texture will not show up. Now I have a white creature instead of a grey one. (see image)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sloan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 18:08
Here is another pic in UVMapper Pro with a texture map applied. (still working on the seams and eyes)
I am using Blender to export to .x and I have noticed that it writes unused data to the file. (I compared this to some of the .x weapons files.)After going through the forums I will try the .x file texture reference with no reference in the fpe.

Perhaps I need a clean .x character file to compare it with...oh goodie more searching the threads...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sloan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 21:54
Got it worked out finally. The search through the forums wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't filled with so many threads that say search.

After all my testing I had installed fpsc on my F: drive instead of the C: drive. A simple re-install to the right drive and everything works.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:29:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:29:05