Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / i have given up :-(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have all but given up on fpsc. its a shame I thought i would get up
and start makeing good games for myself but i just dont click with it.

im moveing on to something more online related

can anyone sugest a good engine for online games that is preferably not mainly codeing.

p.s
the only game i made was of a small ww2 town and me and my friend played it over the net (its was slow as hell "not fps") but then i lost faith in it and that was months ago.

its been great thanks guys
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 22:18
Quote: "can anyone sugest a good engine for online games that is preferably not mainly codeing."

Sorry, but most online engines are coding, in fact, so are most other engines. That's not a plug, it's just a sad fact.

See ya around, fata error.

[center]
fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 22:35 Edited at: 12th Oct 2007 22:37
supose il just have to learn the language then that will give me something to do

edit: I think i will give it one last shot see if i can make a small game
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 23:06
I've never made a game either, and I've been here longer than you, I havent released much stuff either, when I came to this community, I knew nothing about Modeling, texturing or programming, and I still don't know a lot, but I'm learning all the time. It's all about patience.

Professional, afforable, what more could you want?
Get your FREE Standard Edition Today!
fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
i know but the thing is i dont use fps creator any more it took me ages to find it on the start menu,thats how long i havnt used it for
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 23:21
fata error: Trust me feta error. TGC are on the Brink of importing a host of new features into FPSC such as Dark AI. As soon as this happens, peoples game are going to fly through the roof there so awsome!!

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 23:29
just because you buy fpsc it doenst mean that it automaticly will build games for you.
You learn things all the time.
I have been here for soon a year and I am releasing my first real game for this christmas thanks to Phoenix Sentry Mini Game Contest.
My suggestion is that you join it and you will surely build a game, even if you dont win the contest you have a game.

Good luck and give FPSC a new try.

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 03:22
Well, FPSC can be tricky software sometimes. You get a great visual editor and can create a level in minutes, but you still have to be a good scripter and modeler if you want to come with something special. And even being that good doesn't mean anything. You still have to avoid some bugs and think as a programmer at some point and use your imagination to get the best of it.
So not anybody can create a good game with ease.
And this is may be the thing I like most
, because otherwise "3d games" will become a "cheap area". Everybody will be able to provide tons of games, they will no longer be that unique and special and... I hope you see my point.

Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 04:47
You must learn to use fps creator. You can make a good game if you spend the time and work hard enough. It says you joined the forums earlier this year which makes me winder if you've fully discovered all aspects of FPSC.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 05:25
Yeah Will is right, it might be a lil hard to learn the good stuff with FPS Creator, but nearly 85% of makin a game on FPS creator is simple stuff like making the maps placing entities, and so on. And making custom objects really is not hard either once you grasp the basic concepts of modeling/animation. I have been modeling for 11 years now and in the last 2 years is where I learned most of the stuff because for the past 9 years I just did basic things an never tried anything new, so you can learn modeling quick, I can get stuff to look ultra realistic with in minutes............

So give FPS Creator a try because there is nothing easier to use in my opinion.

Nah ah ah cant kiss me without buying me dinner first
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been at this a year, and am still working on my game. I get annoyed with a current game and toss it and start over. My next game I am writing a story first instead of winging it.
Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 06:47
I haven't made full games, just short little levels.

Sad to see you leave.

-Stoopid

fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
i guess your right i think il give it another go i never got that mutiplayer level navigation script working well iv got nothing else to do today so im going to give it a go
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 18:20
Quote: "can anyone sugest a good engine for online games that is preferably not mainly codeing."

If you wanna make a good game you gotta learn to code, i would suggest you to try darkbasic pro and if you dont like that either you can try c++(its easier than you think)

i'm the M king.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 18:34
Quote: "If you wanna make a good game you gotta learn to code, "

What about mods many dont have any new code in them at all. FPSC is user friendly, you dont have to code.
Entertainment is an artisitic endevour, doesnt need coding or coders, they just grease the wheels, its artisists that make the product.

TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
It does take time to create a good game but stick with it. FPSC is the best and easiest fps creator.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 20:06
Quote: "FPSC is the best and easiest fps creator."

Usually FPS Creator is the best and easiest FPS Creator. lol

fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
what about microsoft xna i have only heard a bit about it
the source engine is easy to mod
oh and realmcrafter its hard to decide
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 21:13
Quote: "What about mods many dont have any new code in them at all. FPSC is user friendly, you dont have to code.
Entertainment is an artisitic endevour, doesnt need coding or coders, they just grease the wheels, its artisists that make the product."

Making a game without codes can cause that there's 10 or more games with thesame gameplay.
while with code you can add much more possibilaties.

i'm the M king.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 06:24
Quote: "Making a game without codes can cause that there's 10 or more games with thesame gameplay."

Is this in code.

Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 08:15
Code can add much more variety. You can add better events such as- you're walking along, you step in a trigger zone and bam! A loud noise and the lights on your level shut off with a generator shutting down sound effect. Here's the script !

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
And not to mention, coding is a lot more fun!

Doctor Who
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 17:31
I can code in fourteen different computer languages and I can say this, FPSC has the simplest I've ever used. It just takes a little time to understand it. I'm still learning by modifying existing to see what and how something gets affected.

The Doctor

I straddle the line between genius and insanity. Guess which side I'm on now?
fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
no i what I mean is...
I want a game creator that can make an online game
I took up game creation becuse runescape annoyed me so much i wanted a game that did not hav all the bugs and Pnoobs of runescape
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Right so you wanted to use FPSC to make an MMORPG... how was that ever going to work?

Thanks
Adam
fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
no i wanted any game creator but i found fpsc and stuck with it for a while now i know its cant work i want something that will so can someone point me in the right direction?
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2007 21:25
Quote: "Right so you wanted to use FPSC to make an MMORPG... how was that ever going to work?"

use this

http://www.realmcrafter.com/

The Realm Crafter game engine is the heart of the MMORPG development system. The engine creates the virtual game world and the behavior of everything in it. It generates 3D and handles the network communications.

fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
realmcrafter....I have thought about useing this before but it looked complex.im going to give it a try

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:27:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:27:17