Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Opening .X in 3DS Max (repost)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 05:33
My thread was locked and i still can\'t find a reason for that.

Replying CLiPs post: That really sucks. My little project depends in opening .x animated character models from FPSC. I would like to modify them freely to look like what i want. So, this isn\'t possible in ANY way?
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Gah, you own expensive software like 3DS Max, but don't know the formats it exports to?

Not that it matters, I don't think you should re-post this, it was locked for a reason, i'm sure.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Import the .x file to Fragmotion or Milkshape and export to 3ds. Import to 3dsMax and do your thing. Export back to .x with the panda .x exporter.

~Dave

Phoenix Sentry Programmer
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 06:45
Hello and thanks for the answer, DarkFact. But, this won't affect the .x file animations?

I came with this. If i do what you said, losing the animation, and when exporting through 3DS Max, use this: http://www.fpscreator.com/characterstudio.html to re-animate the character... will everything be "fine"? Thanks in advance for the help.

PS: Veron, yes, i do know the formats it exports AND imports, thats why i'm asking for a plugin that allows me to IMPORT .x files, not export. For exporting, you can use Panda's plugin.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
If you open and edit in Fragmotion, then no. If you use Milkshape, then you have to re-rig and re-skin before export.

~Dave

Phoenix Sentry Programmer
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 08:05
That's a nice piece of software, DarkFact. I'll try it out. Many thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:26:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:26:23