Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Blood in water

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 20:12
if you shoot someone who is in water will the water around him turn red so that its not just a decal on a floor?(which would look weird)
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 20:28
I was just thinking about that yesterday. It would be nice.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 00:17
Yeah with that I could think up lots of gory scenes!

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 01:34
We are trying to avoid gore in the initial release to gain a lower age rating for the title. Blood and gore will be available if you're Vista ratings for titles is set high enough (that's the plan anyway).

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 02:03
True. If it had an M rating, it would probably make less money because kids at the age of 12 or so might want to try the product as well. Plus, you can make all the gorey bloodshed yourself.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 03:55
It's already rated M probably, the blood n the walls and blood spurt decal, while pretty fake, are most likely going to get you slapped with an M rating, FPSC was rated that. Also the naked experiment guy helped. Really rating game development software is really lame IMO, cause the game developer can make it as gory as they want. Please TGC if you are going to make the rating sets the blood level thing (time to set my rating allowance to A ) then please a make bloody water effect, blood that splats down to their feet when they are hit (like in Quake 4) bloody bullet holes that appear on the character where you shoot them (or at least the ability to make an alternate "wounded texture" like in Quake 2) and of course gibbing when they die and take extra damage. Violent gamers like me love to paint walls and floors with blood. I could really think up gory scenes with stuff like that, a dead guy half in the water, blood staining the water, blood splattered on the ground around his mashed in head full of bullet holes
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It's already rated M probably, the blood n the walls and blood spurt decal, while pretty fake, are most likely going to get you slapped with an M rating, FPSC was rated that."

That's K-17, right? My version (European [PAL?]) has Pegi's 12+ rating, and is not cencored at all.
Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 10:34
Quote: "True. If it had an M rating, it would probably make less money because kids at the age of 12 or so might want to try the product as well."

I'd buy it anyway, and I'm young.

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 14:54 Edited at: 14th Oct 2007 14:57
But maybe some kids have to go by the rule of getting M rated games until they actually are 17, or getting T gamed until they are 13. I live in the US, and when I bought FPS Creator, it didn't come with an ESRB rating. Instead it came with the 12+ rating which would be what you would usually see in Europe, right? And now, I just looked at FPS Creator's US Rating, and it said M for Blood, Intense Violence, and Partial Nudity. Yeah Rick, you should maybe remove the naked guy experiment, and I don't really see why the game contains Intense Violence when it should be more like Violence. And similar to what Slayer said, instead of blood only splattering on a wall, it should also splat down to their feet so it also leaves a mark on the wall and floor.
Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 19:13
Yep us europeons have, PEGI or BBCF or somit like that (film ratings and some games) both use ages like 12+ ratings. It is rated 12+

BBCF
U
PG

Pegi
3+
7+
12+
16+
I think

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 19:43
Please at least make better blood decals, with some transpernece and not the white stuff around it that comes whe you use drak segments.
Please!

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 21:15
Quote: "We are trying to avoid gore in the initial release to gain a lower age rating for the title"

That doesn't make any sense...how many kids have hi-tech Direct X10 compatiable computers? WE WANT BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 21:43
Quote: "That doesn't make any sense...how many kids have hi-tech Direct X10 compatiable computers?"

Not me, thats for sure
I am young but I worked this summer and got 1000$ Maybe I will buy a good computer now

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 23:35
I WANT GORE, GIBS, INTENSE VIOLENCE, BLOOD PAINTING THE ROOM RED, AND LOTS OF OTHER EVIL GROSS THINGS IN X10!!!

EOT
[img][/img]
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ""That doesn't make any sense...how many kids have hi-tech Direct X10 compatiable computers?""

I'm a 'kid' and I have a hi-tech x10 computer! Sure, it took since I first head about FPSC x10 over a year ago to save up, but I've got one!
I did a graphics benchmark test earlier and it ran out of graphics levels to test my PC on! xD

~Flash

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2007 09:30
Quote: "That doesn't make any sense...how many kids have hi-tech Direct X10 compatiable computers?"

Some of us do have jobs other than paper-rounds you know...

[center]
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 09:30 Edited at: 17th Oct 2007 09:33
Quote: "We are trying to avoid gore in the initial release to gain a lower age rating for the title. Blood and gore will be available if you're Vista ratings for titles is set high enough (that's the plan anyway)."

So the blood is going to be the same as in the orginal FPSC? but i would like to see the blood in water and more relistic blood better blood splats at gun shot like you see in most FPS Games and like the splats are bigger and it drips to the floor...

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 11:48 Edited at: 17th Oct 2007 11:54
Let TGC shoot for the teen rating.
The Battlefield series is rated T for Teen, so why not other shooters?
It has no blood though, but that can be turned off easy enough and added later.

Sounds like someone needs to make a third party blood pack for X10.
Decals, Sprites, and scripts to change the color of the water.
I think cool blood effects will certainly be dooable in FPSC X10, so it's just a matter of time.
Once FPSC X10 is released, I am sure members of the community will be offering new packs for it.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sounds like someone needs to make a third party blood pack for X10.
Decals, Sprites, and scripts to change the color of the water.
"

You can already change the color of the water in real time with scripts in the X10. What some people seem to be wanting is that fog-like blood in the water effect, which could theoraticly be faked by spawning several sprites/particless around the floating body.

Still, it looks like X10 will have the same level of gore as the old DX9 version did. IMO it's quite enough, but I can see some people wanting less blood and some others way more gore.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:08:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:08:45