Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Error with GDK compiling...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 21:31
Whenever I try to compile a source file for DarkGDK with MSVC++ 2005 Express, it reports that an error occurred, saying that it can't open an include file. So, I tried exploring the 'Include' files from DarkGDK. I found out that the file it was attempting to include was 'afxres.h'. This file was fine, however it called an include to a file in that same folder called 'globstruct.h'. So I opened that one and it call an include to a file path that didn't exist. What should I do?

Check out my ***FREE MEDIA*** at http://www.thorwall3d.com/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pixel Perfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 01:25
Andrew, if these are the sample projects you are referring to that came with DarkGDK then you can just remove the script1.rc and resource.h files from the project and compile it without them.

Out of interest the only include files that globstruct.h includes, that I'm aware of, is dxdiag.h and D3dx9tex.h. Both of these are found in the DirectX SDK which you should of installed as part of the requirements for running DarkDGK. If you haven’t you need to install it, if you have then make sure you have included a path to it's include directory in VC++ 2005 under Tools - Options - Projects and Solutions - VC++ Directories. Choose include from the 'Show directories for' drop down and select new. Enter the full path.

e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (October 2006)\Include

With the Express Edition it's also a good idea to have the Windows Platform SDK installed as well. The 'Getting Started With Visual Studio Express' document that came with DarkGDK documents all of this!

Hope this helps.

No matter how good your code is, someone will improve on it
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 02:23
I already have both those installed, I've used Irrlicht in the past. Thanks for the help!

asdsdfaghkdlgahdfkj.
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 02:25 Edited at: 14th Oct 2007 02:31
Didn't work...

The build log mentions that the globstruct file is trying to include "......Dark Basic Pro SDKSharedCoreglobstruct.h", which I don't think exists.

[edit] Got it to work! Thanks Pixel Perfect!

asdsdfaghkdlgahdfkj.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:15:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:15:35