Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Ge force 8000 game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 23:37
I just want to say this.Do you think lots of people have ge force 8000?Like when fps creator x10 comes out you will start making games but not so many people can buy it because they would need a ge force 8000 which is very costy.I know they want good graphics.I understand that but cant they just make the graphics just like in regular games.EX Half Life 2 episode 2 only needs i think a ge force 7000 series.And that is a awsome game.So don't you think that fps creator is going a little to far on the graphics card?I hope you understand.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 23:46 Edited at: 17th Oct 2007 23:52
No, I don't think TGC is going too far.

Pong was a good game too, but do we want to keep everything black and white forever?
Technology changes, like everything else, and you have to adapt to survive.
There are more than a few people here who want to use the latest cutting edge technologies and FPSC X10 is for them.
For those who don't want to evolve, then use the first version of the software instead of X10.
TGC is providing their users with the best of both worlds. THANKS TGC!

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 02:23
I think they are going way to far. The average Joe won't have that graphics card for like 3 years ! I was very disappointed and I don't know of a sinle person who has that graphics card

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
I have that graphics card! xD
My oppinion is, that if you want to make a good game with FPSC x10, and when I say good, I mean a high quality, well planned, proffessional looking, saleable game with plently of custom media, by the time the game is finnished, which should be a good 9 months or more, then x10 cards will be more commonplace. Not completely commonplace, but enough to get your game into circulation.

When it comes to games technology, you are either way ahead or you get left behind, because let's face it, keeping up would be impossible.

~Flash

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 03:37
I also have a 8000 serie card.
And i must say that TGC isnt going too far...why would they
go too far?

If they downgraded with the card, then it couldnt be called FPSC x10...
and therefore it would almost be the same as the current version.
(graphics)
Also all the games that would be brought out now...are mostly x10.
And like Conjured Entertainment said:
Quote: "Pong was a good game too, but do we want to keep everything black and white forever?"

Most people couldnt afford a 360 when it was brought out...
But did they sticked with the old xbox? Nope they didnt...
So its the same with FPSC...if you want good games with lots of more stuff in it, then go for x10.
And if you cant afford the specs, then just wait untill you can.
Or stick with the current version.

Cheers,
Cheese Cake.

Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 03:44 Edited at: 18th Oct 2007 03:46
I'm just mad cuz I bought this laptop last month and I can't interchange graphics cards.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 03:45
Quote: "I think they are going way to far. The average Joe won't have that graphics card for like 3 years ! I was very disappointed and I don't know of a sinle person who has that graphics card"
Let's put it this way, if you take 3 years to make a game in Direct X 10, Boom! Tech has got up.

Uhhhhhhh.... I forgot

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 08:49
*copies and pastes Cheese Cake's post*

Everything is true. Developers have hardware that JUST CAME OUT, or where possible, hardware that hasn't yet been released. EVEN THEN, the top of the line companies create their games so that players will NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THEM AT MAX SETTINGS WHEN IT GETS RELEASED!!! This will allow their game to truly shine when new hardware becomes available.

As said previously, if you're not way ahead, then you get left behind.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Dammit, Jim! I'm a programmer not a graphic designer!!!
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
People need to give it a rest you can get a quality brand geforce 8400 for £30 no it doesnt have all the bells or whistles but it will run the program if you want to get started. Not to mention you have to have a 8000 card to run directx 10 so NO its not like they even have a choice if you want decent graphics move on and like I said £30 how is that costly try doing some research in future

Thanks
Adam
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 21:27
I got a 8800, but I'm NOT getting Vista, that's one thing that prevents me from getting X10. Isn't the features show in X10 compatible in X9? I have seen all the stuff shown in X10 in many X9 games.

Footsteps W.I.P
Trala'em Goes Oblivion (TES IV Mod)
olliday
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Isn't the features show in X10 compatible in X9? I have seen all the stuff shown in X10 in many X9 games."

That's what makes me think what we could be missing out on X10.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 21:53
TGC is making a gamedevloping program, you choose if you want to use their software or not.
If people want to be up to date with their games and want to use X10 thats great! And the 8000 series aint to expensive, you can get a 8600 for 1000 swedish kronor, about 100 euro or 130$ i think.
Thats not to much and they will be much cheaper soon. And when you buy a new computer, wich you will someday, the 8000 is included in the most great gameingPC´s.

Thats my thought.

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 22:16 Edited at: 19th Oct 2007 22:20
The 8000 series will have new cards and lower prices before years end, including the 8800, so lets be ready.

Ad Astra Per Asper
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 00:29
Quote: "Isn't the features show in X10 compatible in X9?"

I meant the graphical features, like bloom, paralax mapping ect.

Footsteps W.I.P
Trala'em Goes Oblivion (TES IV Mod)
jjjj12212
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 11:18
by the time fpsc x10 comes out, there might be 10000 series

ERROR
Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 12:21
I understand that some people are getting geforce 8000 series, but in a year or so most people will have it.Im just wondering why isnt my thread locked isnt it mean to say this or no. Not saying that this should be locked.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 12:49
I agree that they are going to far, if you were to look at all the people on the forums(just the fpsc) probably only 20% have a gefore 8000 card. What really sucks is that i am one that doesnt have one.

Quote: "by the time fpsc x10 comes out, there might be 10000 series"
lol probably

I think that its a pretty big rip off, they make you pretty much get an 8800 to run it good, and the cheapest one i could find was $270 When you add on x10 its $320. Now look at Demon Sun, it was started almost one year ago, when they didnt even have 8000 cards. If you were to make a game on x10 that took you a year, there would probably be like 10000 cards like jjjj12212 said.

chaos warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
That's not true...around 40% have a 8xxx series card,just not everybody is spamming about his graphic card...
I mean let's face it you americans are rich!
In my country you will need a whole over average paycheck to buy a
8800 ultra,an average paycheck for a gtx(and don't forget the taxes when you get your payheck(so you still can't buy with one of this paychecks(at all the luck our politicians are actually doing something so that it is improving)))...
But to you a Ultra/gtx is just like a bit more expensive birthday present,with your 7000/5000 dollar paychecks...
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "let's face it you americans are rich!"

Nice stereotype

By the way I'm British and incase you wern't aware so are TGC. I don't own a 8800 or even a computer you could put one in. You dont have to buy the ultra or the gtx, there the GT you could even get a 8600.

Thanks
Adam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:20:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:20:13