Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / HUD display problem...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 14:58
Okay, basically I have a script that detects if the player is within 275 units from it to display a HUD image. That script tells another script to display it (Since this script acts as the "main HUD" script for controlling what gets displayed and what doesn't.

Well, the thing is, when I have the "Always Active" property on the entity set to "Yes", it works just fine! But everything is laggy since I have lots of these entities on the map. Because of that, I want to set this property to "No" and only have the entity process it's script when I get close enough to it. However, when I do that, and get near the entity, unless I'm right on top of it, it flickers the HUD image on screen about once every second or two.

What's the REAL difference between Yes and No on this property that makes it do that?

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Dammit, Jim! I'm a programmer not a graphic designer!!!
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
thats probabably down to the fact the entity is some how linked to the hud script and you have probably just discovered why the ai is so dodgy it sounds liek the enemy is being turned on and off by the engine to try and be efficeint but its doing a poor job causing the script to fail, just seems that way anyway

Thanks
Adam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:30:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:30:15