Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question on decals, sprites and lights

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 17:01
1) I have a fireplace with an animated fire (hotflame) in my map. The problem is that the fire can be heard in adjacent rooms, also in rooms under and on top of the fireplace's room. I had a look at the .fpe but couldn't find anything useful.

Can I change the range of the sound? That it can only be heard when you are in this room?

Yes, I already posted this in my multiplayer thread but I got no answer.

2) Is there a way the size of decals and sprites can be changed? e.g. lava is too big...there are arrows but I don't know how to change their size.

3) Lights: my multiplayer map has no lights so far. Everything is lit. Do I have to create black lights for dark areas? Do I have to create one light per room to set a custom light?

coming soon...
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 17:53
I can help with the first question. Change the main script of the decal to default.fpi instead of repeatsound.fpi. Then put a sound zone in the room, with a main script of soundloopinzone.fpi, and point it to the sound file you want.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 18:14
2. Yes you can change the size, go to gamecore\decals\
and find the folder for the decal you want. There will be a text file in there called decalspec.

you can add the line scale=XXX
where xxx is whatever you want.
100= one segment square wide. 200= 4 segment squares. 50=quarter of a segment square and so on.

Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 19:20 Edited at: 18th Oct 2007 19:40
Thanks guys.

But soundzones won't work in multiplayer I think. But it isn't that important.

PS Why is the speed of the animations so fast? (e.g. water)

coming soon...
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 23:40
And what's across and down?

coming soon...
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 02:06 Edited at: 19th Oct 2007 02:06
Quote: "And what's across and down?"

(he means in the decalspec.txt file, as opposed to being retarded in his knowledge of lateral movement)

all decals are layed out with there animation frames in a 4x4 square, giving you 16 frames of animation (it'll loop the animation roughly twice a second).
hence
across=4
down=4

You should be able to make a 100 frame animation, and change the values to
across = 10
down = 10

but you can't cuz its buggy. How much does that suck?!

Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 01:07
Ok, thanks.

Why does the editor load my game sooo slowly as soon as I put lights in?

I put one (1!) light in. Selected quick lightmap. Loaded my arena. And it took minutes, with some progress lights (x/1346). 1346? I put ONE light in. Why does it load so long? What does it load when I only put one light in? I don't know how I should add lights to my game. I can't do that without viewing what I've created. But when it always takes 5 minutes to load I can't experiment with lights.

coming soon...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:25:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:25:15