Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Player Flight?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to make the player fly around a level, but still collide and pick items up etc? like a flying armed cyborg. Fly forward and back, left and right etc

Also is it possible for enemies to do the same?
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 19:15
Players: Yes. Enemies: No. Not without some serious scripting for each move the enemy makes.

[center]
SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
So you have done this TGPEG and I do not mean jetpack script as that is just up and down not forward and back.

If so can you share with the forum how to do it?

Thanks
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 19:17 Edited at: 19th Oct 2007 19:33
But....how do you let the player fly ingame?
---EDIT---
Sorry was typing my post when you made yours.

Cheers,
Cheese Cake.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 23:03
@ SBOVIS:

Jetpacks are easy, a good, realistic one isn't. There's a script around here somewhere, it might not be free though. I don't know.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 23:33 Edited at: 20th Oct 2007 00:10
Quote: "I do not mean jetpack script as that is just up and down not forward and back."

HUH??
Its been a long time since I flew around with a jetpack, but I think I remember going forward with it.

Quote: "Jetpacks are easy, a good, realistic one isn't. There's a script around here somewhere, it might not be free though. I don't know."

My jetpack is in my add-on pack, and some people may not think it is realistic, but it works for me.
Most of the Jetpacks (mine included) are flakey indoors though, so use them for outside buildings.
Also, note that this pack was made for version 1 and was prior to the v1.04 improvements.
So, all of the scripts work off the enter key, because there was no scancodekeypressed condition to use.
If you need to modify the the script (or texture) to make it better suit your liking, then go ahead.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
I have your pack and you can go forward and up, but not forward in a straight line as if hovvering and then pushing forward. Could this be implemented for your pack Conjured Entertainment?

Also how about some gas canister items that when picked up fill your tanks up again?

Just a thought, but with these 2 things we would have proper flight.
SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh sorry, forgot to say I would pay for this to be done. Thanks
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 15:18
it would be hard to have a fuel type thing in FPSC because there are no variables. I suppose you could somehow rig up a timer based script that after a certain time stops the script and use something like a health pack script to fill it back up but i dont think it will work

YAY, We Got Our MUSIC BOARD!!!!
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 15:36
you can use floatrate and a positive or negative value to make an entity ascend/descend.

Simulating a jetpack

SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr Makealotofsmoke - No variables? there must be, how does it understand how much ammo you have and use? this is the same sort of thing is it not, create a model of a gas canister add a script to it that updates the hud showing how much fueal has been used on the jetpack?

Surely this can be done? I am not a coder myself in FPSC but have done similar in other packages.

Any takers? hahahahahahahaha
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 18:06
You can use a jetpack type feature with fuel packs quite effectively.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 21:34
Sorry, I haven't read this for ages.

Yes, the player can be moved with the jetpack script was what I meant. Butters is right, use the floatrate property to control the up/down movement and movefore/back/left/right to change the direction and rotate to rotate the character. That's going to be weeks of scripting just for one movement, which is okay if you've got loads of time on your hands but... I don't

[center]
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 07:41
Quote: "I suppose you could somehow rig up a timer based script that after a certain time stops the script and use something like a health pack script to fill it back up but i dont think it will work"

That is how it is set up, on a timer.
Just pick up another pack (twin-tanks) to refuel.

Quote: "but not forward in a straight line as if hovvering and then pushing forward. Could this be implemented for your pack Conjured Entertainment?"

Possibly, but I haven't tried it.
I need to finish my studies first, then I will play with FPSC again. (especially with X10)

Quote: "No variables? there must be, how does it understand how much ammo you have and use?"

He means there are none that we can access via the fpi scripts.
FPSC X10 will have the score variable for entities though.
I plan on gettin' jiggy with it.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:27:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:27:14