Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is the current release better than the demo?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 03:35
Hi everyone

I hope you guys can provide an answer. I downloaded the demo of the FPS creator and have to say that it was pretty disappointing. It looked nothing like the screenshots I've seen around. There were no options for music during the level or very many options at all. The mouse control was not very awkward and hard for fine precision. The bodies disappear in a split second... it's really low-grade!

I'm disappointed because I was considering purchasing the product based on the convincing blurb and screenshots. I mean, take a look at model pack 10, the weapons look fantastic. Some of the model packs talk about differenet 'hand' models, but in the demo, there were no options anywhere to choose what your hands looked like.

So I'm hoping the demo is just a really, REALLY old version. How much different is the current version? Does it play smoother? Because even if the graphics are a lot better, if the gameplay is still sluggish then it's not worth it =/

Any information would be appreciated. If you have screenshots, or even a link to a game/demo made with the current version then that'd be grand.

Thanks everyone
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a screenshot of a level I'm making I took 3 mins ago. Cheers

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 03:52
If you don't like the look of it then don't buy it!

Why should we convince you, just read some of the stuff on the Forum here and make your own mind up.

All the best with your decision.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 05:18 Edited at: 20th Oct 2007 05:20
Yeah, all the screenshots are fake. We all work for TGC and do that just to make people buy it.

But seriously, browse around the showcase threads and download some of the games in The Best of the Best Thread. There are some great MP games too. Play around with it for a while. Obviously we like it and have fun with it, but you need to decide for yourself. Perhaps you should also look at some of the more expensive alternatives.

Best.

EDIT: Urlforce Studios, that's a sweet screenshot.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "EDIT: Urlforce Studios, that's a sweet screenshot."

Thanks man, it's from a new game that will be released in episodes called "Source" you can get more game details/screenies here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=116494&b=25&p=0

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
olliday
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 17:01 Edited at: 20th Oct 2007 17:06
Quote: "Is the current release better than the demo?"

Yes
Quote: "There were no options for music during the level or very many options at all."

File ->Build game there are loads of option there, music, menu, etc
Quote: "The bodies disappear in a split second"

That can be changed in a few clicks.
Quote: "Some of the model packs talk about differenet 'hand' models, but in the demo, there were no options anywhere to choose what your hands looked like."

The stock weapons don't come with hands, but mp6,mp9,mp10, have customizable hand textures. You just copy and past the files after build.
Quote: "So I'm hoping the demo is just a really, REALLY old version. How much different is the current version? Does it play smoother? Because even if the graphics are a lot better, if the gameplay is still sluggish then it's not worth it =/
"

a lot different. yes i plays smoother but its still caped at 33fps.
Quote: "Any information would be appreciated. If you have screenshots, or even a link to a game/demo made with the current version then that'd be grand.
"

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=112663&b=25
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 17:59
Just look at the screen shots in this thread to see what the current version (V1.07) can do!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=114189&b=25

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 20:27
The 1.05 upgrade is great! The light is way more better than the first versions, look at this!
Its from my game Lost Treasures.

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 16:40
Quote: "Just look at the screen shots in this thread to see what the current version (V1.07) can do!"

Ahhh... Nothing like plugging your own game...

If you need some persuasion with regards to your purchase, check out http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=111770&b=21 for some pros and cons.

[center]
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 17:32
Quote: "Ahhh... Nothing like plugging your own game..."

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:24:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:24:18