Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Edited autodoors, many entities gone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 04:25 Edited at: 20th Oct 2007 05:00
I edited the autodoors for my arena game. I don't want doors to open when I am on the layer above them and they still open.

So I saved a custom script, with anywithin and anyfurther set to 40.

The doors work but now many entities are gone. They are still in the editor but not in the game anymore. Crates, ladders and so on.

Any solution?

PS This is horrible! I`ve been working on this map for around 60 hours. Now it doesn`t work anymore. I have some backups...and only have to redo a bit. But without those backups I`d really be f..... up.

coming soon...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 18:11 Edited at: 20th Oct 2007 18:13
Okay, don't do what you did to the script. On the line that checks the player's dist from the door add this condition.

Believe it or not, the door and any other entity, CAN see the player. Non-character type entities are simply hard-coded (by default anyway) with a 360 degree viewcone angle. This means it is looking in ALL directions for the player, and it will NOT see the player through walls, ceilings, floors, etc.

I used THAT specific command because since you're making a multiplayer game, I'm assuming no AI will be wanting to use the door, lol.

Hope that works for you, cuz it works wonders for me.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Dammit, Jim! I'm a programmer not a graphic designer!!!

(P)suedo code (L)inguist, (Y)ou (Sti)ll (R)eap (E)verything
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 22:23
Thanks. But how exactly do I insert this? Can you give me the exact line please, the exact autodoor-fpi?

coming soon...
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 01:12
This seems to be a very annoying bug. It occurs when you are in multiplayer mode, want to change an entity and therefore switch to single player mode.

The first time I changed the doorscript, autodoor.fpi to custom_autodoor.fpi (self-created). As soon as this was done all dynamic entities were gone. YES, all entities are static in multiplayer but although they are labelled as static they are not there anymore, in the game. Only in the editor.

This happened when editing a charater, too.
In multiplayer one player should play as a nurse. The nurse is slower than others. I switched from multiplayer to single player, changed the nurse's speed from 80 to 100. Applied the changes. Switched back to multiplayer, loaded my level and bang! Entities gone.

There's no way to restore them...you have to load a backup you hopefully created.

coming soon...
jtruls
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same problem with some keys!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:19:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:19:22