Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / cutscenes, how?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 06:50
I was wondering how to do cutscenes, because I have no idea how. I think regular video would be a bit harder, so I'm thinkin' comic strip like slides with dialogue. How can it be done. Or would regular video be easiest.

"You say goodbye, I say HALO."
halospree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 08:23
usually if you want to do a cutscenes, you should aim for a MACHINAMA Type Cutscenes. Currently in My Game, Deathly Silent, I am trying to include cutscenes type up what every character will say,and do, then find people who are willing to help, give them the script, then make the level an "arena", and tell ur "actors" when to go on line, and which server to join,then you must have given them the script,and a start time so so everyone starts at the same time...

I hope this helps

If you wish to help me on my upcoming game, then you can go to our website; www.freewebs.com/callofreedom or you may send me an e-mail at vincentcody@hotmail.com
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 10:09
Little vid clips are very ez to do. Make a video zone, set the vid. Done.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 16:51 Edited at: 20th Oct 2007 16:52
Thanks halospree, but I'm not really sure I know how to do that, besides, I don't have money to reward the guys who help me out.

What is MACHINAMA?????

Will Da Gamer, what I'm saying is, how do I make the vid. And I think what your saying is about the stock vids, frankly, the suck.
The only vid I've seen in there is just one of ConkerX walking and standing.

"You say goodbye, I say HALO."
Crozone
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to make cutscenes that arent video files? What I mean is, is like getting entities to move around the screen and making the cut scene by telling the camera what to do. I think this would be better than making a video file, because it functions like the rest of the game does and will not be affected by resolution changes, ect. Is there anyway to do that?
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 01:37
u cud try gettn an in-game camera (dont get frappr, trust me) and have it record dudes walkin or shootin. or just shoot videos with a video camera and add the videos 2 the fps folder that has the videos in it. i did sumthin similar for adiin adio

bob larry
jjjj12212
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 11:13
Quote: "I think this would be better than making a video file, because it functions like the rest of the game does and will not be affected by resolution changes, ect. Is there anyway to do that? "

If your really good in scripting, you can make a trigger zone and put your trigger, sounds and ect in. but cutsenes is one of the hardest things to do in a game because back in FF7, they had to draw like 120 pictures for 120 frames. you can do that but if your doing it alone, this will be frustrating and time consuming then scan and put on movie maker or something.

ERROR
blackfalcon 101
Years of Service
User Offline
It isnt that complicated!

Screen capture software like CamStudio is good, since it is open source, but using an engine like The Movies is much simpler. You cant sell what u make, and continuity is a little ify, but it gives u more versatility in your cutscene.

John 3:16

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:31:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:31:28