Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Geometry instancing in X9?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been looking at the X10 features, and found that it includes geometry instancing. X9, however, does not include this at the present time, and doesnt look like it will ever include it. On other threads I have heard statments like "The features are either not compatible with directX 9, or cause to much of a performance decrease to be benificial". This confuses me, as I have many games that use geometry instancing, and they are all directX 9. It does improve performance, and is certainly possible. Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

I own a X1950 PRO OC (Pixel shader 3)
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 09:49 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2007 10:14
Most fpsc users will not understand any of your post as they are mostly hobbiests and the FPSC people at GC never answer tech questions.

Ill say no, dx9 will never have this as it will lose sales of dx10 version if dx9 version has the features of dx10 fpsc.

So id say this is from a sales perspective, as yes, dx9 does support the features you have mentioned.

They do bring out patches quite consistantly, perhaps we will see the features of fpsc dx 10 in dx9 once dx10 is out and they have the sales that they want, so hopefully we get some of the things one sees in the dx10 version.

fpsc game KILL TV update 16 Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:22:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:22:46