Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / WIP: Galaxies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 05:55
GALAXIES

a real time strategy game from Banshee Studios

Your reconnaissance team reports in, they've found an enemy ore refinery on Ptulos, there's orbital canon and 3 battleship defending the planet. Should you send the 3rd fleet or a combined force? Perhaps this is a mission for a special forces team.

Over near the Bukaran border things are hotting up and your ambassador captured, your new nebula-proof ship design isn't ready so can you afford a rescue in force with your old design? Perhaps strength in numbers would win the day.

The ground invasion was sucessful, but the people reject your presence and resistance fighting continues, you'll need to leave a strong police force here whilst your diplomats win over the hearts and minds of the people.

Specifications
3 Resources: Food; Ore; Refined Ore.
Large Universe rendered in 3D real time depicting stellar orbits and animated nebulii.
Advanced trade & diplomacy engine.
Up to 20 players (multiplayer to be confirmed).
Ship Research & Design.

BETA testers required within a few weeks. Apply on the Banshee forum.
http://www.bansheestudios.com
Pneumatic Dryll
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~thane/char01.jpg[/img]
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 06:22
very good looking and truely inspirational

FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 17:24
Your work never ceases to amaze me PD. Screens look awesome.

Life is like a penis:
When it's soft you can't beat it, when it's hard you get screwed.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 18:25
(^_^) hopefully another Bashee Studio's Stunner
i think the comment you made of FMTau about it was funny though, would've been interesting to golf around the universe hehe

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 00:08
For the benefit of those who don't know what Raven is talking about, he's referring to my reply to a fellow developer who was confused because I posted screenies of two different games in the same thread. This was my reply:

Quote: "um yeah, you errr - fly to planets, offload your cargo of narcotics, install a beam laser, play a round of golf then you enter diplomatic talks for the release of the captive Princess Leia.

When we write our classic games collection we'll put including them inside the same game too, so you'll be using that beam laser to kill space invaders and dodge ghosts whilst getting power pills on the golf coarse in the rings around Tau Ceti VI. Don't forget to slow up early for the 3rd corner of the race track so you can dodge the moon..."

Pneumatic Dryll
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 04:08
just image 18 rounds on the moon...

four! ... ... ... Ahh, it cut through my air supply... Ahh~crackle~Son of a~crackle~POP! lol

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 02:22

I still need BETA testers for this project, full details are on the Banshee Studios forums. BETA testing will start in about a week.

Pneumatic Dryll
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 02:33 Edited at: 27th Jun 2003 20:16
Awsome, as usual...

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Click Here!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:21:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:21:15