Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Character Ranges?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 08:37
I was browsing through the FPSC X10 forums, and i stumbled across that thread that i think lee posted "Character Ranges". And i was wondering towards anyone who would know *Staff/mods* Is there any plans of implemmenting it to fpsc X9? Because that would be a pretty big improvement to The fighting in fpscx9. . .!

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 10:51
It's possible that it will be ported to FPSC X9 when FPSX10 is released.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 12:03
God i hope so, i might actually use fpsc again if they implement it lol.

Death has no end
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 20:54
Quote: "It's possible that it will be ported to FPSC X9 when FPSX10 is released. "

Only after full saturation of sales of fpsc dx10, say 18 months after release.

fpsc game KILL TV update 16 Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 02:14
If you don't know what you are talking about then you might not want to post.
An update for this version of FPSC will be released after they release FPSC x10.FPSC x10 will most likely be released just before or right at the start or possible just before the holiday shopping season.That means any update to this version of FPSc will occur sometime after that.
I don't know where you get your 18 months from unless you are just being sarcastic.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 06:59
Nah what hes saying is, that TGC is gonna focuse mainly on x10 because its gonna be eye candy and its gonna make them a fortune, i think it will sell atleast x3 better than fpscx9 simply because people will crap themselves when they see the kind of graphics itll produce, so TGC will not really care about x9 untill people get over all the WOW-ness of fpscx10, atleast thats what i interpreted it to

Death has no end
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 07:07 Edited at: 24th Oct 2007 07:07
Exactly, they are running a business not a charity, they want people to buy fpsc dx10, dx9 will not get any cross overs until the market has given them the maximium sales on dx10, then they will add extra features to dx9.

fpsc game KILL TV update 16 Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 10:50
Which makes me a sad panda

Death has no end
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 15:40
Okay...let me try to post this again.Please,please read this post.

As soon as they are finished with FPSC x10 and it has been released they will finish the upgrade for this version of FPSC and release it.Since they have been theoretically adding the stuff to both FPSCs at the same time it could be a relatively short amount of time after the release of x10 before the uber upgrade for this version of FPSC is released.
It won't take 18 months...or forever.
Everything I posted (and everything in my last post as far as I know) is 100% fact and if you want to check it out you can read thorugh all of the x10 threads and any other threads pertaining to the subject.
Rick and Lee have said:
Any features they can add to x9 they are doing so while they are adding them to x10.
After x10 is released as soon as possible Lee and co. will release the upgrade for this version of FPSC.

You all need to quit worrying about TGC supporting FPSC.They just released an upgrade for DarkBasic Classic.TGC stands behind their products.
You can rest assured that Lee and co. aren't going to quit improving this version of FPSC.And anyone who has used FPSC for any amount of time knows it requires patience.
If you look at what they have done as far as improving FPSC up to this point you should have no doubt they will continue to do so.

[/ends rant]

Please have mercy and use the search function.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 23:38
@FredP: Reassuring. Me is a happy bunny now I've heard it come from your lips... fingers. Errrr... yeah. This post doesn't make sense any more.

[center]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 00:12
I don't want to rain on your parade everyone but I agree with FO, although 3 months max is more realistic than 18 months, by then FPSC will be useless compared to the worst new game out there, NVM X10,
*Slayer_2
P.S. Fred: when they say they are porting features into FPSC, which ones, and how quickly are key, I doubt they have allies, or GPU instancing yet, otherwise why not release the update? Because X10 isn't yet? that makes no sense, FPSC users would kill for allies, ragdoll, stencil shadows or GPU instancing right now. I reality there will be an update soon after probably but not right after.

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 00:25
It's all just too much speculation, and there are a lot of people here who seem to know what TGC will/should/can do. Everyone knows the industry, just like everyone is a car mechanic and a lawyer.

There are pretty much two choices the way I see it. You either believe what TGC says, or you don't, in which case you're guessing the future, and I guess that could be fun.

Obviously there are some things that will never get into X9. It's a 50.00 game engine that never claimed to be more. All we can do is wait and see, and make threads like this.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 11:12
Quote: "when they say they are porting features into FPSC, which ones, and how quickly are key, I doubt they have allies, or GPU instancing yet, otherwise why not release the update?"

Answer:
Because the update isn't ready... Duh.

If they released an update every time they added something, we'd be up to V1.56 by now! I'm absolutely sure they haven't released the update by now simply because they want to put more into a single update instead of pulsing out more and more updates and progress continues. It takes time to put together an update and time is something not everyone can take for granted.

I for one am not going to argue with TGC, because I have nothing to argue with them about right now. I don't know for a fact that everything going into x10 is making it into x9 or not.

It's as simple as that, so for now, please, guys, stop making statements regarding the future and claiming them as fact.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Dammit, Jim! I'm a programmer not a graphic designer!!!

(P)suedo code (L)inguist, (Y)ou (Sti)ll (R)eap (E)verything
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 01:23
Quote: "Okay...let me try to post this again.Please,please read this post.

As soon as they are finished with FPSC x10 and it has been released they will finish the upgrade for this version of FPSC and release it.Since they have been theoretically adding the stuff to both FPSCs at the same time it could be a relatively short amount of time after the release of x10 before the uber upgrade for this version of FPSC is released.
It won't take 18 months...or forever.
Everything I posted (and everything in my last post as far as I know) is 100% fact and if you want to check it out you can read thorugh all of the x10 threads and any other threads pertaining to the subject.
Rick and Lee have said:
Any features they can add to x9 they are doing so while they are adding them to x10.
After x10 is released as soon as possible Lee and co. will release the upgrade for this version of FPSC.

You all need to quit worrying about TGC supporting FPSC.They just released an upgrade for DarkBasic Classic.TGC stands behind their products.
You can rest assured that Lee and co. aren't going to quit improving this version of FPSC.And anyone who has used FPSC for any amount of time knows it requires patience.
If you look at what they have done as far as improving FPSC up to this point you should have no doubt they will continue to do so.
"

[/ends rant]

i appreciate you actually trying to clear all this up, but ill just have to wait and see if this is true, idk i just have to see it to believe it with tgc.

Death has no end

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:19:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:19:54