Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What kind of lighting does FPSC use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 18:36 Edited at: 26th Oct 2007 18:40
What kind of lighting does FPSC use? It is very dark for me.

On this screenshot (from a user in the showcase forum) I only see black except for a greyish middle part with some sort of bridge.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1335226

I edited the screenshot. The red area is grey (1). The other area with the lines (2) is hardly visible. The rest is just pure dark black.

http://www.llcp.at/temp/darkness.jpg

In Darkfact's Dark Arena Complex I can hardly see anything. It's not completely dark but there's light...darkness...another light etc.

At my girlfriend's computer it looks good. The lighting is normal.

Is it my graphics card? My monitor? ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB. Iiyama LS902UT, 19", 1024x768, 100hz.
I have to turn my monitor's brightness all the way up to 100% to see FPSC stuff (even screenshots of games!) a bit better. But then everything else is just too bright and the contrast is bad (even at 100%).

Anyone else with such problems?
I have them just with FPSC. My monitor isn't dark in general. Other games, applications, WinXP all run perfectly well.

coming soon...
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
The new version uses darklights another TGC product. I have encounted this and its down to your monitors max brightness or contrast being poor or prehaps settings you can tweak in your video card control panel

Thanks
Adam
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 18:42
Screenshot attached.

coming soon...
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 18:47 Edited at: 26th Oct 2007 18:49
edit: sorry i thought you ment on image attachment.

It looks like the contrast is that set high on your monitor too because some are designed to have strict limits so they arnt as harsh on your eyes

Thanks
Adam
Sloan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 21:02 Edited at: 26th Oct 2007 21:05
You may also want to check the game gamma settings for your graphics card. If your desktop functions fine that is.

Edit: It is in the color tab of your ATI advanced settings.
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 21:56
Sloan What should I change? There is gamma, it is set to 1. But there is some cinema stuff gamma and desktop gamma and fullscreen 3D gamma. Everthing is set to 1.

coming soon...
Sloan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 20:51
The fullscreen 3d gamma...try a setting of 1.4. If it is still not bright enough just bump it up till it is to your liking. The cinema gamma is for your movie playback software, and you said your desktop was fine so don't change that one. Hope that helps.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2007 11:40 Edited at: 28th Oct 2007 11:41
@Leander- This could be as simple as changing the angle of your monitor. That is the first thing you should have done. Look dead center at your monitor, now move you head up (keeping your eyes fixed on the same spot on the screen) What happens? and what happens when you bring your head down while your eyes are fixed on the center of the screen?

As you move up and down the image brightens and darkens-right? Now tilt your monitor down and leave your video card settings alone, it never did anything to you.

Cheers,
Dave

Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 21:41
Reality Forgotten No, nothing brigthens or darkens. It's always the same. I tried some new settings with brightness, gamma, contrast (graphic card, not monitor)...I can get a FPSC screenshot to look like the same screenshot on my girlfriend's computer. Then the screenshot has the same colors BUT everything else is horrible. The IE windows ("The Game Creators Forum - FPSC CHat...") are middle-blue normally. They look like my girlfriend's IE colors but when I change settings to get the FPSC screenshots right all other colors are way too bright. Then the blue IE window is a mixture of white and light blue. The text is hardly readable.

How can that be? That everything looks ok except for FPSC screenshots? Maybe FPSC uses different settings and lighting. But a screenshot should have the same colors like WinXP or other screenshots. I don't get it.

coming soon...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:22:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:22:47