Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / The first team request of the new music and sound fx board :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 03:01
I'm hoping this thread doesn't violate TGC's team request rule, because I'm not looking for someone for one specific project, but rather a number of projects. I need to point out that yes, we are an established team with work completed on our games. I'll happily send a TGC moderator screenshots, an unfinished but compiled version of the partially-working games, and/ or any other descriptive info they want, to prove how much work we've put into our games and to qualify this as a proper, valid team request. We're extremely secretive with our games and I apologize for not showing screens and otherwise proving how serious we are, but with three games out already I'm making a broad assumption that those who read this thread know that we're dedicated and can respect our desire to keep our games secret until they're officially announced.

MISoft Studios recently saw one of our own, Nathan Madsen, graduate from the indie game industry into mainstream games and anime music production. While we're proud to see his resume blossoming and happy to see a member of the MISoft family move on to bigger and brighter things, we now need to find someone to fill his vacant position. As always, I'm going to offer this role to TGC members first before I look outside the pyramid for someone. And yes, I just coined a new term, lol.

We're looking for someone to create unique, original music scores for our games. You'd be working with our small team of close friends to produce between 3 to 10 songs for each game. You'll have 90% artistic control; we'd show you the game and let you know what we were thinking about the soundtrack, and you'd be free to create from there. But we might ask you to change stuff around or ditch tracks entirely, as most teams would.

We currently have two games under development. One is a "tycoon"-style strategy game, and the other is a dark and moody FPS game. We don't like techno in games and if that makes up the bulk of your portfolio, this isn't for you, hehe. We'd prefer proper instrumentation with unique sounds. We require all of our music to be recorded in crisp, clean, professional audio. Download the demo of our last game, Eternal Equinox, to see what I mean by professionally-recorded audio.

I won't get into compensation in this thread (I don't want to violate the rules), but what I can say here is this: if you're looking to get rich, we're not for you. We're currently working to grow our reputation as a self-publishing independent game studio... if we had a treehouse, the sign on the door would say "no publishers allowed." If we make millions of dollars, that's awesome, but only so long as we release the best games possible, and that they're made from the heart and not from the wallet. Not that I'm saying we don't try to earn money, but there's no way we can guarantee you'll earn enough to quit your day job.

In case you're wondering who we are or if we're serious and dedicated to game development: we've already released three games, as you can see if you click the "Web" button down below. Several active, contributing TGC community members, including myself, Agent Dink, Chris Franklin, and Tha_Rami are dedicated team members, and we've also enlisted the help of several other people to test our games and even help us code (Hobgoblin Lord and Jess T have directly contributed tremendously to our games and our website). So don't worry, we're not a bunch of random people with no experience looking to make the next epic MMORPG, hehe.

Please email me with samples of your music if you're interested. The more variety you include, the better. We prefer people 18 years old or older, and won't take anyone younger than 17... no offense, but I don't think we can legally pay anyone below that (if our games sell anyway), and I'd rather avoid dealing with angry parents, hehe. One of our games under development has mature content (violence, swearing, partial nudity, political and religious overtones, etc.), so if you're easily offended, you won't be interested in these projects, hehe.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 23:28
Sorry to bump, but a member of our team thought it might be a good idea to toss in a link to our website's "jobs" page as well, seeing as how we need people for a few different positions (including a foley artist, which is music-related). Anyway, you can click here and see all of the positions on our team we're hoping to fill. I can answer questions about any of those spots here, via email, or on the MISoft forums. Again, sorry for the bump, but I figured it was warranted as we're also looking for a foley artist, and in my infinite wisdom I failed to mention that before, hehe. Also there's detailed info about compensation, project parameters, etc. on the page I linked to .

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 20:44 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2007 21:28
I can do that!
Seriously I am very interested, you guys sound serious (in a good way) and that helps me get work done instead of losing interest.
I like composing music that doesn't sound like every other game music (like you said about techno), I'm looking for a chance to practice writing music and hopefully I'll pick up some programming and art skills along the way.

I have no equipment at the moment and am just recording off my dad's keyboard by it's a good one so sounds good (no editing though )

How are you going to judge people? Is there a piece of music I could make as a trial?

[edit]
I've done a little for the tycoon one, sounds very Sim City

"You must be someone's friend to make comments about them." - MySpace lied.
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 23:32
Usually we look for portfolios, preferably songs used in other games or media (although that's not necessary). We're hoping to find someone who could do music for numerous projects, beyond the two we're working on now, and would be able to produce and/ or direct music regardless of the game's genre or the musical style we're looking for. So really, your portfolio can consist of anything you want... mariachi and death metal if that's what you're into, hehe . But if you can do some tracks for those specific games I mentioned before, that's equally awesome. Feel free to email me either at the address below or at mattrock[at]misoftstudios[dot]com and I can direct either a link to your work or a specific file to other members of our dev team. We're pretty democratic with how we do things at MISoft, so everyone working on these projects currently will have a vote on whether it's up our alley or not.

As far as keeping your interest, hopefully that won't be a problem for you with us, unless you hate the games we're making lol. We try to run a clean ship and we try our best to handle everything like a proper business, as professionally as we can, because everyone at MISoft either wants the studio to grow or wants a career elsewhere in the game industry and is treating their time at MISoft as experience (and a resume builder, hehe). You'll always have plenty to do and you'll definitely see games released with your name in the credits . At any rate, hope to hear from you soon.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 01:08 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2007 01:08
http://www.soundclick.com/peacemaker Here's my music "portfolio" . I can create Electronia music, Orchestral, 8-bit, and i'm always willing to try music in other genre's. I've got recording euqipment that i use along with making music in my computer, i've got instruments such as a midi-keyboard, 2 guitar's, bass, and a mic.

I usually spend about 3 - 4 hours a day making music, and most of it just goes into my "music i made" folder and stays there, and never gets used for anything, i'm hoping to be able to work with more people to make music, so that stuff that i make doesnt get thrown away like that. If you think my music meets your standards then send me an email or add me to msn or whatever you prefer

Lord Voldemort needs no signature!
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 05:06
I gave it a listen and I thought it was good, I'll email you with the specifics and we can talk about stuff.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
i got your email, i'll start working on those demo songs as soon as i can

epithika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 02:13
hi!

I'm interested in writing music for you!

I am a freelance composer and have worked on many games. I am currently studying for a degree in music composition and theory at uni and I am constantly writing music.

Check out my websites
Samples page 1
Samples page 2
Samples page 3

If your interested email me at epithika@aol.com

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
i sent you an email matt, did you get it?

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 03:41
@ Epithica: Cool, I'll check them out and drop you an email after I hear them

@ Lucier: Yep, I just got it a little while ago and replied to you.

@ Everyone: I'm really excited about the turn-out of this thread. Everyone is submitting really awesome tracks and it's going to be a hard call to choose between everyone. It's democratic (the team will vote on who we'll use) so I hope no one gets upset if they aren't chosen. I'm going to try and get everyone on the team to make a choice by friday, so hopefully I can let everyone know something by then.

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 03:57 Edited at: 5th Nov 2007 03:57
Like both your work guys
I'm no way as technologically advanced but I'll try and upload something decent from my keyboard hehe
what program do you guys use to compose?

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2007 11:57
I'd like to say thanks to everyone for submitting tracks. We had a very difficult time trying to choose a single artist to take into the team, but finally (it's 5:52 am my-time!) we were able to make a decision. I'm notifying all three of the people who submitted tracks of who we're going with as soon as I post this thread. I'm really happy this thread was able to produce results, and I didn't have to look outside the community for someone. Thanks again guys!

We still need someone for foley, although we could just find someone via the Freesound project if no one here is interested (this thread's been up for a while without any responses foley (FX)-wise). And another quick mention, there's a few other positions on our team we're looking to fill that aren't audio-related, including another DBP coder and a few other "jobs." There's some more info on who we're looking for here if anyone is interested. Figured it couldn't hurt to mention that, hehe. Again, thank you to everyone who submitted stuff!

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 00:36
cool,
looking forward to seeing your work

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 17:08:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 17:08:22