Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Performance

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im currently working on a multiplayer project, I have a few questions about the about performance issues.

1. I have planks (metal, etc.) fairly heavily throughout my level. Would I save any FPS/performance by taking out the metal sounding footsteps or does it not matter because there would be footsteps anyway. (I know its a noob question, sry)

2. I have a large building with a big roof, it looks real sharp but it seems as though its a performance hog?? anyone?

3. Are there any entities or effects, etc, that dont work with multiplayer games?

Thanks in advance for any help/opinions
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

1. I don't think it will make much of a difference at all.

2. I'm not exactly sure, but it certainly would be causing some lag. You could test the game with it in, record the average FPS, then take it out and record the average FPS again. If there's a big difference, then the building is causing you some trouble!

3. Any projectile weapon, windows shattering, explosions, all the zones (I think)

There's probably more, but I can't remember them.

General Church
Years of Service
User Offline
i have an issue actually w the mp build maybe you can help me.

when ever i go to build a multiplayer game the main menu always builds as though it were campaign and when i launch the exe and hit new game it just says waiting to join

how do i get the mp menu to appear to use?!?!

Frag the weak Hurdle the DEAD!
naeseth
Years of Service
User Offline
When you build the game, did you change any of the menu screens or anything like that? If so, it will cause the game not to work properly. Not sure why, lack of support for mulitplayer, lets play that card. Also, in the level settings, did you select the level you made as level1??? Having your level open at the time of the build will not work. You must select the saved level you want built as level 1.
General Church
Years of Service
User Offline
i did mes around with the menu a while back but wouldnt it reset it if i just closed it and re opened it? how can i fix that? i have so many goldeneye 64 maps that i remade that i want to publish but cannot cause its being stupid to me...ARGH heres what i have so far

i have tried the opening and creating of the game without hvaing it open in the editor. i did mess with the menu but a while back why would it still affect it. how can i fix it? maybe i should just send someone my save file have them open it then build it for me also how can i improve the FPS of the game and the smoothness of how it runs

Frag the weak Hurdle the DEAD!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:21:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:21:27