Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Quick question: why is that? (weapon placement problem)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 21:46
Why is that? I place weapons and ammo in the same way. After all, it's easy. But sometimes they are just not there where I placed them. I placed the ammo at the X...but in game it is not there.

This is the first problem.
My second problem is that some weapons are ok in the editor and the game (game engine mode) but when I build the game and run it there might be a shift...and weapons and ammo are shifted one FPSC segment, approx.

What's wrong?

coming soon...
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 21:56
Same thing happens to me. Don't know why. If somebody knows the answer, do tell.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 21:58
You haven't accidentally gone up a level in the editor (pressing the plus key) and then placed them have you thinking you were on the level below? (this is just a wild guess).

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 22:00
I have been pretty much able to get things where I want after a while. It's always a problem placing a dynamic entity, especially when in close proximity to another dynamic entity. Try a little more distance between them and make sure you place them a little above the crate or other entity. If the crate is not static, making it so may help as well.

I learned this after playing around with entities on shelves. It takes a while. LOL

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 22:10
Like Xplosys said, if a dynamic entity is inside (even partway) a static one, the dynamic entity will be flung out, may be that's what's happening then.

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2007 03:01
Or in its physics range, this is so with entities with physics on fly apart if they are put together on the start of the game. Weapons have physics turned on by default, so this physics thing will affect them.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2007 04:04
Thanks for your answers. So it`s normal to keep trying until all weapons and ammo are set. LOL

coming soon...
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2007 21:23
@ NickyDude: I think you can get round this if you turn collisions off. Add 'coloff' into the script in the appropriate place.

[center]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2007 22:22
For weapons and ammo it is not necessarily the physics that does it.

I tried stacking a bunch of ammo clips into a pile on a table one time, and when I got there in the game, all the clips had even spaced themselves out... some were compeltely off the table but they were not falling and retained the initial rotation that I gave them.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Dammit, Jim! I'm a programmer not a graphic designer!!!

FPSC Scripting Tutorials - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=116527&b=23

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:20:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:20:51