Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / segment corners.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 04:55
Im making my own segments, not re texturing the stock ones, making my own, anyway, I was testing the whole process out, start with a flat wall, see how it works.
see the image, I want a wall with straight edges, see A. that how I put it in the segment editor, but look how it came out, like B,
see it ingame.

whats happening here. I made a square wall 100x100x10, stuck them in the segment editor, but it comes out like so, what do I do to correct this?

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 05:09
From your images I see it comes exactly like "A" (the one you want) in the Map Editor.

Hope you see it too

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 07:03
I dont want A, I have A, see the screenshot from the editor, I want it like B, but in the screenshot.
And I hope you see it too.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
the segments thats come with fpsc do this, if you paint the wall from the opposite direction this will fill in the gap if you using a single texture segment it should look ok too.

Thanks
Adam
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 17:36
Quote: "I want it like B"

You have to use corners then and may be make the rooms with 2 wall segments in each direction (multimesh)

Quote: "And I hope you see it too"
LOL
I see it very well
Just use inside/outside corners.
You have plenty of options depending on what exactly you want.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 18:36
Where do the corners fit in, I had a look through the files, yep, there are corners, they should cover this in the segment editor video, but they don't

Just use inside/outside corners.
? How do these fit in

2 wall segments in each direction (multimesh)
No idea here. In the segment editor video, they use 4 walls, but ingame I notice that it doubles them, even though you didn't put them in, so you have exterior walls, but in the SE video, it doesn't show putting exterior walls in, it does it automatically.
Ill re check the videos, but I'm sure no mention of the exterior walls which is what I am presuming you mean.

Also before someone says use signs or magic, my meshes are custom, they are UV mapped (as in unwrapped) rather than having a material assigned.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
The walls and corners in the stock rooms are uv unwrapped,some of these segments use corners (which are unwrapped as well) and some of them overlap on one wall as in your diagram above.Some of these walls are for outer walls,but you should only use these if you want outer walls.
The ww2 bunker fighting area uses plain box meshes like the ones you have been creating.
You should take a closer look at these as you may save a lot of work.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 19:19 Edited at: 1st Nov 2007 19:23
are they unwrapped as in they have materials assigned, or are they unwrapped, as in the meshes unwrapped flatened out, like one does with a skin on a charcater.

The reason I ask is I have to have it unwrapped as a mesh because I have to have the mesh layed out so I can paint in the verts, in my game all edges are seen, like a cell shader type thing, so we see lines on the edges, I have to have a mesh to maint them in, if its just , materials applied, getting the texture to fit would be hard, but with a UV map, one can see the mesh, I just open it in Deep paint, like I would a skin and export out the mesh as an image, then from that I can alter it and use it in the actual texture map.

Just read what you said again, it does help, Ill take a look at the meshes. If one is making ones own meshes, how do you put them in the segment editor to have them not have that bad look in fig A. they should cover this in the SE vids, its annoying that it isnt covered, as its hard to explain for people trying to answer what to do.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 19:27 Edited at: 1st Nov 2007 19:32
They are unwrapped,if they weren't the edges would appear distorted,I think I know what you mean by painting the lines on edges,so the wrapping may not suit you as you may be painting over the wall faces.
Why not open up the meshes in whatever prog you use for unwrapping and redo the maps to suit,or even just open one in deep paint and check out the result.
Quote: "If one is making ones own meshes, how do you put them in the segment editor to have them not have that bad look in fig A"

Use the stock corner fillers,they can be found in the meshbank.Otherwise you would have to make a wall which takes the wall thickness into account.
Copy over a couple of the stock segs and meshes to the seg edtor folders so you can import them and take a closer look.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 19:59 Edited at: 1st Nov 2007 21:25
Id open the segments in the segment editor and see how they fit together, only I cannot as when I open them in the SE, they don't show up, perhaps its how they the files are located, like they have to be in special places, its very annoying, otherwise one could just open segments up in the segment editor and see exactly how they are put together, you cant just look at the segments in your GC fpsc location and open up the whole segment, very annoying, so Ive no idea how to open completed segments in the segment editor so I can look at examples.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 22:40 Edited at: 1st Nov 2007 22:41
You have to copy the segment and mesh files over to the seg editor folders

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 02:05
I did that, I can open them know, thanks Roly

Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 06:13
Quote: "Where do the corners fit in..."

@fallen one I was away for a while, but I see @rolfy has explained what you were asking for. I'm glad it works now.

Cheers!

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2007 19:13
If one makes a segment with corners, the corners are only used on actual corners, well when I say used, I mean seen, now what if its a straight section, are those corners inside the segment only hidden, as that would make the amount of meshes in the map go up quite a lot, or is it that the corner meshes are only used when its a corner, all other times they are cancelled out, deleted, so not even in the map, and our mesh count is kept low?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:19:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:19:51