Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to fix it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 22:25
Okay, my bug report seemed to have disappeared so obviously I didn't do something that everyone else was doing, OR it had been fixed already and shame on me for EVER considering posting a bug about the source code. I tried my best to adhere to the rules and guidelines, and yes I purposefully neglected to put in "I'm using the source code" because I highly doubt anyone would give it a second glance if I did.

Look... the fact is, some people use the source. When they run into a bug that doesn't have anything to do with the source what should they do??? No body's gonna help them because the Bug Reports are for the latest update ONLY! If the problem has already been fixed, all that needs to be done is tell us what was done to fix it.

This is not a "Bug Report" thread that I am making, nor a "Hey, stop deleting my posts" thread. This is a "How do I fix it if it's already been solved?" thread.

This section of the source code is what's causing the problem. As soon as the Game Builder reaches this part, it crashes for my game.

OBVIOUSLY, "create light maps" is not a native function to DBP, and so I cannot fix this problem by reprogramming the DBP source.

All I ask is that if this has been fixed before, please let me know how it was fixed so that I can fix it in my source.

Thank you, and if this doesn't quite belong in the Chat board I humbly ask that a mod move it to a better place.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
is it definatly not a function contained within the source?

Thanks
Adam
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 01:25 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 10:28
Note the lack of parenthases when the function is called.

All functions created within DBP utilise parenthese to group together the parameters. Also, functions in DBP are not allowed to have spaces in their names. Because of this, and because I looked through all the functions listed in the "Functions" box in DBP that lists all the functions created in DBP and failed to locate this one, I am going to make a BIG assumption here and say, yes it is a function declared and programmed in a DLL.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

[EDIT]
I fixed the problem... apparently when you duplicate a light too many times (And by too many, I'm talking about a number that I can't even count right now) it can cause the function named above to fail and crash the executable.

To rectify this, I had to delete just about all of the static lights within my level until I could get it to compile again. Then I recreated all the lights again and it would still compile.

I think the problem with duplicating them came from how I would delete lights a lot and reduplicate them, adding more and more to the list of duplicated lights.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
good you got it fixed I just made a quick suggestion didn't really look at the details

Thanks
Adam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:03