Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dark Realm Demo 2 now on fileplanet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 15:12 Edited at: 14th Jun 2003 15:17
Greetings all....

The following link will take you directly to the new small home of Dark Realm:

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/125348.shtml

If you only have their basic subscription (free), then scroll all the way down after you click the download link to find the free servers.

Enjoy!

Darin Snow
Lead Programmer/Concept Designer
Xeridox Entertainment Group
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 01:19
cool , i'll check it out as soon as i get back. I take it this is the sequel to the other good game on the dark basic showcase?

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the sufferening.....
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 04:03
The one on the showcase is Dark Realm Demo 2 also, just that particular level shown on the showcase turned into the Intro later on after that pic was taken. I'm also about to continue work on the RealmEditor, and possibly look at integrating BSP with Dark Realm Demo 3 (DRV3), but I may require some help with that seeing how I'm very bad at making BSP maps. I could make them better if I had an Unreal Tournament to BSP converter.

If anyone would like to help with BSP or any mapping you think you can add (you'll be credited, of course), then please Email me at xeridox@bscn.com

Currently, Demo 3 consists of the original 3 maps (ComplexII, Bizaare, and Cargo_Hold) and nine weapons (5 old, 4 new) with remakes of all the old ones. I need more maps than anything; I would like to have 7 before I realease Demo 3. I'm also looking into adding teleports, jump pads, traps such as crushing walls/ceilings and lava pits, Bots, and several other things I can't think of at the moment. I'm also going back to the Hover-Bot models like the ones seen in Dark Realm Demo 1, but much better looking. A nicer map selector and model selector is also on the way, and the menu system is way better and faster. The sky looks awesome, and the sound FX and music are coming along.

More updates soon!

Darin Snow
Lead Programmer/Concept Designer
Xeridox Entertainment Group

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:00:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:00:49