Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Make People Stand Still in a story marker?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, i have created a story marker, and added a video, and sound, but, when the person is in the marker (I.E, The video is playing)
If the player left clicks (shoots) then the video turns off and i can keep playing.

How can i stop this, so that i have to watch till' the end of the video?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 09:21 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2007 09:26
Quote: "How can i stop this, so that i have to watch till' the end of the video? "

Easy, don't click the left mouse button.

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself.

Seriously Justin, I don't know the answer because I never could get AVIs to work right for me.
I wish I could help, but I am sure that once the user does it the first time, then they won't do it again if they want to see the whole thing.
It's actually nice to have a way to exit it early.
Otherwise, we would be forced to watch it over and over every time we play the level.
The user will catch on, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Justin92
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, this is actually for credits, unless you can tell me a different way to make credits....this is what i need to do, obviously, i dont want them to skip the credits
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 11:21
Not like Kingdom Hearts where you ended up watching the same video 50 times and you couldn't skip

[center]
Justin92
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone help me?
Justin92
Years of Service
User Offline
bump? Allowed?
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
you can't prevent a video script but you could put the credits on the game won screen, if you look and the gamewon script you will see it displays a game won image just modify this and put the credits on it, also you if you change the script you can change the time the player is stuck on the screen and maybe even have the credits appear appear one after another if you learn some scripting.

Thanks
Adam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:16:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:16:38