Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Segment texture naming conventions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 15:32
I am making my own custom segments so I am looking into the texture naming conventions.

We have letters after our texture name.

D is diffuse
N is normal maps

We also have numbers in our texture name, these are to get rid of multiple tiling effects by substituting at random an alternate texture

Example
Mytexturename_0_D

Numbers after the D are for if we use a normal map, so D2 would be for a texture that will not use a normal map, and D is for a texture that will use a normal map, so this one lacks shadows highlights etc, the D2 has shadows and highlight set into the design of the texture as it will not have a normal maps and so needs extra detail.

Am I correct here so far.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 09:52 Edited at: 4th Nov 2007 13:39
Also am I right that segments only accept tga and dds, I tried using the segment editor and loading jpg and giff and they didnt load in the editor, so I presume they are not supported formats. Is this correct?

Just found out .giff isnt supported, but I was sure .jpg is. Can we use .jpg for segments, Ill try exporting again from another program, perhaps its with my image editor.

No tested again, segment editor will not load in .jpg, Im guessing most users dont use the segmenmt editor so wouldnt know.
I guess I could do it as another image format, then change things in the fpe to the .jpg for the image format.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:17:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:17:55