Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Really bad quality FPS creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 00:41 Edited at: 4th Nov 2007 00:48
Hi there.

I recently bought a new computer with a 19 inch monitor. I'm running 1.07

When I open FPS creator. All the entities are very pixilated when i place them on the map. When I go ingame the graphics are just horrible, even though i have all the settings on full. I'll post a picture soon. Could possibly be something to do with switching computer? I tried moving all the fps files from my old one onto this one. Mabye some of it didn't get transfered. Posting a pic in a sec.

See attachment:

Game crashed when trying to load that single prefab. I might try deleting all my fpsc content and just restart collecting media.

Meh...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
olliday
Years of Service
User Offline
This happened to me as well when i switched computers. (xp to vista) I don't know whats causing it, its just slightly pixelated in the editor. I haven't found a solution for it, its still the same but you get used to it after a bit.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
FPSCreator was made in a XP enviroment and in XP it computed to lesser Pixels on the screen. So its more pixelly on Vista because Vista uses more pixels on the screen and it has to use XP's Pixel count.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 01:15
Ah, ok, thanks alot.

Looks like I'll be waiting for x10 then :S

Meh...
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
No, you can set the editor res and in game res. Check setup.ini

Your about to get pwned.
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 02:44
The reason is probably because FPSC wasn't really made for widescreen monitors, but I could be wrong. It looks like it though.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 04:57 Edited at: 4th Nov 2007 05:14
I finally got FPSC v1.05 to work with Vista. (not FPSC's fault but those Vista security settings)
I have a widescreen monitor and don't have any problems. (haven't had any resolution problems at all)

You might want to try updating the drivers for your video card.

Is FPSC the only program with resolution problems?
Do you have DX9 installed?
I can see that your new computer has Vista which has DX10 by default. (Maybe that is the problem.)
You can run both DX9 and DX10 on the same computer. (that's what I had to do to get the X10 demo to work)
You should have got an error though if you didn't have the right version of DX9 installed, but it may have skipped it since the DX version was higher.

Go download the latest DX9 and the latest drivers for your video card and you should be okay.

Also give yourself (your log on name) full permissions for FPSC if you use it on Vista.
I found Vista was flakey in recognizing Admin privileges and only worked right when I manually set the permissions for my user name.
(it didn't care that I already had admin privledges)

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

olliday
Years of Service
User Offline
All of my driver are up to date according to www.driveragent.com. I just ran dx9update and it installed some update for sdk. The editor still looks the same (i think, lol I'm used to the look of it now. I can't think how it look properly). I have the admin setting set on all the exe's in the FPS Creator folder.
Quote: "No, you can set the editor res and in game res. Check setup.ini"

What's are the values in the setup.ini that change the resolution in the editor?
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 11:48 Edited at: 4th Nov 2007 12:00
Hi. Thanks for the responses.

I have an 8800 GTS 320mb which has DX10. I've installed all the latest drivers aswell. FPSC is the only game i have with res problems. Everything else works wonderfully.

Heres a pic of ingame with setting maxed (I think not)

Oh, also. Is there an x10 trial out? Or is the demo just the tech demo?

Meh...

Attachments

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
width and height, in either setup or buildsetup.

Your about to get pwned.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 16:19 Edited at: 4th Nov 2007 17:25
Why is there no shadow or anything though :S

Do i NEED DX9? Really stupid if it can't run with DX10.

And why on earth does it take 5 minutes to load a single room with 5 entities...

It took about 10 minutes to create this:

Surely fpsc can do better...

Meh...

Attachments

fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 20:28 Edited at: 4th Nov 2007 20:30
Quote: "Surely fpsc can do better..."

I'm afraid not. Im running 1.0 on my vista laptop and it works fine
(vista ultimate)acer 5101
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 23:46
erm, well seeing as my old computer with built in ATI low end graphics card and intel pentium 4 processor built large levels in a matter of minutes + shadow effects, high quality textures etc I should think it could do better. I'm also running 1.07 on this and I had to run 1.04 (or 5) on my old one.

Meh...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:18:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:18:29