Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / GiatSegPack Errors/White Textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 04:08
Hello guys, Well I have been in the modding scene for a couple years now and I found FPS Creator. I love it made lots of cool levels, have had many errors, and thats killing me. I have the full version so this is not the problem, but I downloaded a Segment pack for FPSC and when I place the Segs on the map it turns white, It dosent show up as grass, rock, or anything that it is suppose to, any ideas on how to fix this? It happens with many other Seg packs ive downloaded too, including a grunge pack. Any ideas on what I could of down wrong?
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 09:28
FPS Creator G0D

This is a common issue and is down to the fact that the 'textures' have either been put in the wrong directory address by the user or that the creator of the Pack has addressed the texture wrong in the segments 'FPS' file.
The best thing to do is to open the offendind segments 'FPS' file (in notepad) and check the address of the textures.
You should also quickly check that the textures have the right extensions (i.e .PNG .DDS .TGA) as the one's that appear in the address's, if not change the extension in the FPS file.

One more thing you should do is also 'delete' any '.DBO or .BIN' files which have the same name as your offending segment before reusing the segments which you have made any changes to.

All the best of luck
FPS Creator G0D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 18:10
Thank you Ross Tra Damus,
I have found the problem, i went in and opened a file in the giant seg pack and looked at the textures and it had this
segments\Itsthatguy's GIANT seg pack\Floors\carpet2.tga
instead of this
segments\GiantSegPack\Floors\carpet2.tga

Thanks for all the help and if you possibly could help me with a small problem im having over in this forum it would be great! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=117364&b=28

I really do thank you for the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:05