Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Changing 'setuplevel.fpi'

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 17:45 Edited at: 5th Nov 2007 17:48
Ok, this is now annoying me. I want to change the sky and music in "setuplevel.fpi" for a new game I'm working on, I create a new project like so:

Then I change the settings:

But when I test the game, the sky is 'Ngt' and the music is the one I used for "he is coming..." - Town, called 'HorrorPassage'! No matter what I do I can't change the music or backdrop when testing the game! Has anyone any suggestions, has this happened to anyone else as it's now got to the annoying point that I can see what backdrop or music will fit with the game. It seems that it's just not reading the correct .fpg file.

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 18:29 Edited at: 5th Nov 2007 18:29
When I preview, everything is how it should be (see attached) and the music is right; 'SciFiRush.ogg', but testing it... and back to 'Ngt' skybank and 'Horrorpassage' music.

what the hell is going on!?!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 18:48
When you test the game it uses the setup.ini from the languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame folder whether you change the setting for the built game or not.
Try changing the setup.ini in the languagebank\english\gamebank\ mygame folder and see if that works.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 19:05
Does it?

Ahh... so it does! Seems a bit odd though, if I want to work between different games I'm going to have to change mygame.fpg backwards and forwards all the time. Seems a bit of a chore.

Thanks Fred, wondered why I could never change stuff properly. Would be good to be able to use the fpg that the game builds with, when testing. May be in an update.

Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 19:07
@Nickydude it's the same here, but I usually change all the settings after I build a game (setuplevel.fpi...) and put all the skyboxes manually.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I have found that when I change the level settings in the editor,a completely new setuplevel.fpi is created.
This has been a real chore as I use a custom setup and have to change it in .fpi or I lose the health hud setup I have.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 20:20
Quote: " I usually change all the settings after I build a game (setuplevel.fpi...) and put all the skyboxes manually."

Yeah, thats what I do too.
Doing it manually might seem like a pain in the butt, but it is fullproof.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 20:54
What I did was I set the test game setup.ini the way I wanted to and copied it,changing the name.Then everytime I install an update or whatever and it changes the setup.ini file I just delete it and replace it with the a copy of the copy I saved and rename it to setup.ini.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 21:54

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:24:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:24:30